5 days left until BGP exam...

liquid6liquid6 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well this one has crept up on me. I'm not exactly where I want to be regarding how much material I have covered, but I suppose I probably never am. Work has been crazy lately, big re-addressing project going on...oh and problems with our firewall and san replication link have made it even more interesting!

ah well, really putting the pressure on...I am hoping to cover INE Vol I labs 7.33 - 7.61 this week and do some more reading in TCP/IP Vol II.

hopefully i can cram enough in this week to pass it ;)

liquid
blog.insomniacnetwork.com

Comments

• TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    liquid6 wrote: »
    Well this one has crept up on me. I'm not exactly where I want to be regarding how much material I have covered, but I suppose I probably never am. Work has been crazy lately, big re-addressing project going on...oh and problems with our firewall and san replication link have made it even more interesting!

ah well, really putting the pressure on...I am hoping to cover INE Vol I labs 7.33 - 7.61 this week and do some more reading in TCP/IP Vol II.

hopefully i can cram enough in this week to pass it ;)

liquid

Keep up with that reading. You will do fine. Good luck!
  • liquid6liquid6 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks turgon...

good news our link is back...bt have managed to get the fiber back together, those boys and their JCBs!

this picture is more like it ;)
    1gb.jpg 12.3K
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Work has been crazy lately, big re-addressing project going on...oh and problems with our firewall and san replication link have made it even more interesting!

and bgp exam passing would be a nice present for the hard work :)
    good luck liquid :)
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Well that one was much closer than I would've liked! Just above the 860 mark, but I think it was a fair representation of my preparation(or lack thereof this week). The last week of study has been seriously interrupted by "emergencies" at work and long nights of change. I am again impressed by the sims, i just wish there were more of them, they were challenging but definitely proved if you knew what you were doing. I do wish they gave you more leeway on what commands you can use, but i guess it is still a sim.

Onto QoS, but due to some holidays and a serious project on the horizon I think it will be sometime in September before I attempt it. Still on track for a December written attempt and I think that this BGP study will be a big stepping stone for that.

I hope the QoS exam is as challenging as the BGP and MPLS exams have been....

liquid
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

The BGP & MPLS exams are the ones that "make you work for it." After the excitement of the MPLS and BGP exams, QoS will be just a plain ordinary common everyday type of Cisco exam. But QoS still has lots of stuff to study and learn and lab, so it will at least keep you busy.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratulations! remember a pass is a pass :)

If I remember correctly you've seriously gone way past the required mark.... so don't get too down on yourself.

I'm in the same boat as you regarding work and trying to fit in studies around it as well... so much interesting work going on struggling to find time to study for the MPLS portion of this exam.

Good luck with QoS... alot of information to take in but really valuable information at the same time.

You should find QoS a walk in the park compared to the BGP and MPLS exams.

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
    Thanks guys! Working with a bunch of Microsoft server guys, they just don't seem to get as excited about me passing my Cisco exams as I do ;)

Luckily I have planned in a full QoS review of our LAN/WAN for sometime in the next month or two. This will hopefully allow me to bring some real life application to the studying which is always invaluable.

liquid
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    congrats on the pass. I have been studying BGP like crazy the last couple weeks. I am going to finish my BGP studies this week and start on MPLS (MPLS books ordered today :]). I hope to take the Composite exam before the end of August. That way I can focus 100% on my CCIE studies the rest of the year. Good luck with the QoS exam. That was one of my favorite Cisco exams ever. I find QoS very exciting and can't wait to use it more when I start labbing up the CCIE curriculum.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    liquid6 wrote: »
    Well that one was much closer than I would've liked! Just above the 860 mark, but I think it was a fair representation of my preparation(or lack thereof this week). The last week of study has been seriously interrupted by "emergencies" at work and long nights of change. I am again impressed by the sims, i just wish there were more of them, they were challenging but definitely proved if you knew what you were doing. I do wish they gave you more leeway on what commands you can use, but i guess it is still a sim.

Onto QoS, but due to some holidays and a serious project on the horizon I think it will be sometime in September before I attempt it. Still on track for a December written attempt and I think that this BGP study will be a big stepping stone for that.

I hope the QoS exam is as challenging as the BGP and MPLS exams have been....

liquid

You have done really well there mate. I was thinking of doing this test myself some time.
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations liquid icon_cheers.gif
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with QoS.icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.