Just missed the SSCP exam :(

AD200AD200 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Got my email today and just missed the pass mark by 10 points! Oh well, will do the resit next October. Know what to improve on...

A

Comments

• unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    AD200 wrote: »
    Hi,

Got my email today and just missed the pass mark by 10 points! Oh well, will do the resit next October. Know what to improve on...

A

Email ISC2 and ask for a manual rescoring of your test. 10 points is small enough to justify this request. They will see if there are any scoring errors on the physical test itself. I've read about people requesting this and then passing.

GOOD LUCK! If you still fail, take the opportunity to study the report they provided and study your weak areas and retake it as soon as you can!
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Yes, do ask for a manual recount. It can't hurt.
  • AD200AD200 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks - just requested it.
    Hi,

No change unfortunately icon_sad.gif Will retake in October. In the meantime I've got security+ 2008 and the new cwts exam to do.

Thanks for the advice.

A
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    You should have really taken the Security+ exam first. It's an easier version of the SSCP exam. You'll be surprised how much similar material is on both exams.
    Hi JD,

Yeah ok I agree with your point of view. However I found the official SSCP book a very hard read and plan on using more CISSP resources when preparing for the exam again. I look back on the exam day and remember having a nasty headache which did not help at all! I know the areas that I need to improve on. These things happen.

A