route map question

marcusaureliusbrutusmarcusaureliusbrutus Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi. I have a squid proxy in my dmz located on an interface on my pix. The ip of the squid server is 10.1.1.1. I was wondering if i can configure a route-map with a set ip next hop 10.1.1.1 on my core switch which is connected to the pix? The subnet 10.1.1.0/24 doesn't exist on my core but i have a default route pointing to my pix. If this is the case and i configure the route map, will traffic filtered by the route-map reach the dmz?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    It will probaby reach the DMZ but after that I don't think much will happen.

A route map will change te destination IP address. Once traffic hits the 10.1.1.1 it won't do anything as it has reached it's destination.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    setting the next hop to a remote subnet will cause the router to try and send the packet to that next hop IP address which will not be local. The router will try to find the correct egress interface which will result in a recursive lookup under normal conditions, but you are using policy based routing which bypasses normal conditions. I don't think it will work for what you are trying to do. You may be able to use a static translation on the pix and then set the next hop to be the static NAT translation.
    The only easy day was yesterday!