Meyers 5th and 6th edition

Shen2009Shen2009 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I got a copy of All in One A+ Certification Exam guide 5th edition ISBN 0072229918. I know there is a 6th edition out and was wondering whats the difference between two? Can i still use the 5th edition or i'm i better off getting the 6th edition?

Comments

• unandigunandig Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes you can still use the 5th but the 6th would help it has some new tech terms in it over the 5th. you would be better off geting one of the A+ books from sybex over going to the 6th ed of meyers All in one.
    the more points of view the better and they both have very diferent ways of showing you things, so if you dont get the one you should the other.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Shen2009 wrote: »
    Hello,

I got a copy of All in One A+ Certification Exam guide 5th edition ISBN 0072229918. I know there is a 6th edition out and was wondering whats the difference between two? Can i still use the 5th edition or i'm i better off getting the 6th edition?

Yes.

You'd want to compare the older objectives to the current ones and KNOW the items on the Current objectives. So it may mean a little leg work for you, but you can fill in most of the info from the book.

However, it is typically a good plan to have at least 2 books to reference as authors explain things differently and sometimes seeing items in different formats proves helpful. FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Shen2009Shen2009 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the suggestions guys. i will definitly go ahead and grab the 6th edition and sybex.

Is this the latest version for sybex CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide, Deluxe Edition: Exams 220 601/602/603/604: Amazon.co.uk: Quentin Docter, Emmett Dulaney, Toby Skandier: Books

just noticed a few post below is a post about the 2009 exams....does this mean there will be an updated version of those two books coming out by the end of this year?