Accept/decline/tentative buttons grayed out

rj_connorrj_connor Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm having a problem with some users that seem to get meeting invites as email attachments (not "Forward as icalendar" just standard invites) and when opened up the Accept/decline/tentative buttons are all grayed out.

The workaround at the moment is to use OWA as the buttons are not grayed out.

This leads me to think that something is getting striped out as it pass's through the exchanges (2003 sp2) and in to outlook (2003).

This only happens some of the time and only happens when the meeting invites are sent from another exchange. Meeting invites within the same exchange work fine.

Has any one seen this issue before or knows why this happens?

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think I've seen it; and I'll be darned if I can remember what was the fix. Something to do with the remote exchange server being 2007 and the hotfix level on our 2003 server I think. I'll see if I can find that issue in our history and report back.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry, the issue I was thinking of was a bit different.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Only time I've seen something like that was when I was using a non-activated trial version of Outlook. Since the appoints work fine from within the same Exchange server, that can't be it.

Are you having any issues with public folder replication? The Schedule+ folder may not be replicating correctly between your Exchange servers.
  • rj_connorrj_connor Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There are no issues with public folder replication and the Schedule+ folder is replicating correctly, it was one of the first things we thought of checking. It seems to be a strange one.