Options

well .... the beast, do not know about it ????

mikeszmikesz Member Posts: 115
hello everyone,
today I went to the testing centre to attemp passing the 70-291 (THE BEAST), I scored 854, I took my time for this exam (after reading a lot in here, how hard this exam is). Well I feel like I wasted at least 1-1,5 months of my time (it took me 3,5 months) icon_sad.gif

My thoughts:
I would compare it to 70-290, if it comes to difficulty, for me so far the toughest was the SECURITY + (Comptia). Hope this doesn't invalidate the NLA, but there was not even 1 very lengthy question. If you got through the Microsoft book (fairly), then you should be fine. I personally used CBT, MICROSOFT, SYBEX and TESTOUT.

Anyway onto 70-293, I suppose this makes me MCSA:Security (I will wait for Microsoft though).

good luck to everyone, this forum is the best icon_smile.gif
Long term plan:
2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't think any time was wasted. If you were learning throughout that entire time, then you got something out of it. There's more to this than just passing exams.

I don't think 291 is as hard as it is broad (that's what she said). It's just easy to get overwhelmed with all the information.

Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing the exam. To get the MCSA: security you will need to take the 299. You can also contact CompTIA to have them send your exam scores to MS.
  • Options
    drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    never regret the time spent learning. and as far as the test being easier than expected. Hey, that's what comes with proper prep. Nice job

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Congrats on the pass. Always nice to hear someone passing their exams. Definately was not me this week.

Best of Luck on future studies.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress