which one to do 1st?

lynxsr8lynxsr8 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
i currently have the study guides for 70-291(testout, learnkey and moc videos) and security+ (testout, learnkey, cbtnuggets) i need an advice to what to take first and why do u recommend that? i already passed my a+, 270, and 290 :) thanks

Comments

• silentsilent Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would do the 70-291 if I were you because you obviously know something about win 2003 server having passed the 70-290. Then you could take the Security+ which would complete your MCSA. That's what I would if I were you. Good luck with whichever one you decide to go after first.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Though I haven't done any MS certs, I would definately say 70-291 first. That way you don't lose any of the knowledge from 290 while you're cramming for the Sec+ exam.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would also recommend 291. there is always a lot of overlap on the MS exams, and you might as well do it while it is fresh.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would recommend the 70-291 and then do the Network+ to finish your MCSA.

After that it would be a good idea to do the Security+. I think you will find that if you pass 70-291, I'm sure Network+ would be a breeze for you. Good luck in your decision.
  • HackNackHackNack Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keep in mind that you don't necessarily need the MCSA. If you don't need it to get a job or a raise, I would advice you to go straight for the MCSE. Also, Network+ was a waste of time. Know the material (general networking hardware) and save yourself the money. Go for certs that matter. There is no need for you to repeat my mistakes. icon_lol.gif