Passed CCNA Voice

wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
I just wanted to give a bit of information on my CCNA Voice experience. The biggest thing from the test today was fundamentals. Make sure you know those. I went into the test probably more worried about passing then I have ever been on a cert test only to come out with a decent score of 909. I used the Cisco Press book, CBT Nuggets, various routers and IP Phones, and Self Test Software for practice test. I think all the sources where good. I know I read through the whole book and the CBT Nuggets I think I watched those enough to see each about 4 or 5 times (although it was probably closer to 6 or 7).

I do want to make special note of the Self Test Software as this was my first time using it. It doesn't have any simulations as it is all multiple choice, drag and drop. That being said I feel it was some of the toughest practice test that I have ever done even today my random 50 questions I only got a 68% on. Also I would like to point out that they do have errors in the questions but for every question you can click send feedback on and within a week of reporting the error the question was fixed (not to mention within 24 working hours they email you back).

I feel I would have been a bit more confident if I had a FXO, FXS, or CUE device to work with.

I hope this has been informative and thank you for reading.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Now go Celebrate!! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wastedtime

THANKYOU. very helpful actually. I am looking at taking the ccnav sometime in the future. thank you for the tips..fanatsic ...yeah go and celebrate.

ccnav is going to open some doors I can tell you from experience..
    be pround of yourself!icon_cheers.gif
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Great job! icon_thumright.gif

You must have CBT nuggets on the brain with that sign off! icon_lol.gif
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Now go Celebrate!! drunken_smilie.gif

I hate to say it but the celebration is quite limited out here anyways. I'll be on leave next month so maybe I'll have a belated celebration.
    itdaddy wrote: »
    wastedtime

THANKYOU. very helpful actually. I am looking at taking the ccnav sometime in the future. thank you for the tips..fanatsic ...yeah go and celebrate.

ccnav is going to open some doors I can tell you from experience..
    be pround of yourself!icon_cheers.gif

I'm glad it was helpful as that is what I was hoping for. When I was going through it there where definitely parts that where dry but I do feel that VoIP is a pretty neat technology. I kind of brought about 1/3 of my lab out here so that helped. While I occasionally manage a few 3800 series routers with cme I feel the knowledge I gained from learning the material here was immensely helpful and will be put to good use in the near future.
    Great job! icon_thumright.gif

You must have CBT nuggets on the brain with that sign off! icon_lol.gif

I definitely did and now I am going through some déjà vu with some of the CCNA Security from CBT Nuggets. I just got done with one video that ended with VoIP security and he did his little hyperactive SCCP device.
  • djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job.
    Jedi never stop training......
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking