Options

Different study guides, different levels of detail

stejoelstejoel Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was looking at a Sybex practice exam and there were several questions on csma/cd csma/ca,eee 802 standards,osi layers etc...
I had been studying A+ 2006 In Depth by Jean Andrews, CBT Nuggets and watching Professor Messer's videos all of which really didn't go into much detail about these types of things. I do see that it is explained in the book by Docter, Dulaney and Skandier. My question is how do I know if this material will be on the exam and why do some study books go into it and others don't?

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    stejoel wrote: »
    I was looking at a Sybex practice exam and there were several questions on csma/cd csma/ca,eee 802 standards,osi layers etc...
    I had been studying A+ 2006 In Depth by Jean Andrews, CBT Nuggets and watching Professor Messer's videos all of which really didn't go into much detail about these types of things. I do see that it is explained in the book by Docter, Dulaney and Skandier. My question is how do I know if this material will be on the exam and why do some study books go into it and others don't?

If it is on the objectives, it could be on your exam.

it is wise to be as prepared as possible, rather then to skimp and hope the question is not asked on YOUR exam.

Sybex and Meyers are the two best books for A+ and NET+ for a reason, you will find these two cover material well and they have both been around a long, long time so they have the track record to support Many candidates success of the CompTIA exams.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not a fan of the Jean andrews book. I've had it and read it and compared to the Mike Meyers book it was not worth my time. The questions you asked about were on my Essentials test.
  • Options
    stejoelstejoel Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I'm realizing now that the Andrews book isn't so great...That's probaby why it cost so much less than the others.