Options

Passed Network+

TILLMANIS2TILLMANIS2 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

First of all, I want to say that Technotes kick @$$. I passed my Net+ exam last week with a score of 780. It took about 21 minutes to complete. I have been in IT for about 10 years now and have often debated the issues of getting certified, mainly because I have been successful without them. I am now drawn to them because of DoD 8570.1 (Google it).

Anyways, while lurking through this and other sites, I often view posting that blast Sybex, Mike Meyers or Syngress for not covering a question that the poster may have come across during their exam, especially the Network+ exam. My question is this. Do you really have the experience neccessary to past this exam. Comptia's test are vendor neutral. This doesn't mean that there won't be any vendor specific questions. This means that there may and will be questions specific to various vendors. Get over it. If you didn't do as well as you thought you should have on your exam, don't blame the books you read. Blame your lack of knowledge of the subject.

Comments

• Options
    some1some1 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    very good which exam u take it n10-003 or n10-004 and what was the pass scorll and what about the Q type

what about your next step?
  • Options
    TILLMANIS2TILLMANIS2 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the N10-003 and got a 780 out of a scale of 100-900. I was someone preparing for the new Network+ exam I would make sure that I have knowledge and experience with Unix/Linux, MAC OS, Cisco IOS, Ports and Protocols.

What Next?........Security+ (SY0-201)