Few Q's regarding 290.

kreyziekreyzie Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
How many Q's in this paper ? 40 - 60 Q's ? How many simulation will appear then ? 3 - 8 ? I have set of Sybex Windows Server 2003 Simulation + sybex study guide for 290 + microsoft self paced study guide and testout video study for 290. Will this help me pass my 290 ? thx pls

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    No one can tell you the exact # of questions or sims without breaking NDA but your ballpark estimates are reasonable. You should have more than enough time to get through them all if you understand all the objective areas.

Those resources sound good. Might want to consider adding a Transcender practice exam to gauge your readiness (especially with the Second Shot offer essentially over).

Good luck icon_thumright.gif
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I used TestOut + the MS Press book + playing with sims at home and it seemed to do the trick. Just take your time, practice, learn the materials, and you'll do just fine.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • kreyziekreyzie Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thx buddy! will study hard for this and be ready for 291's headache.. hehe
    290 exam on this coming saturday. studying real hard now. just 1 q , will a dns q came out in this 290 paper ? cuz ask i know 290 study guide does not cover dns in topic. and im not ready for dns..hehe
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If it's not on the objectives you won't get a question on it ("no") ;)
    having realtime problems with backup ( normal differential incremental ) and ad command ( dsmod dsget dsquery ) i failed few tries on transcender.. less than 600/1000... sighs.. gonna postpone my exam again...guess im not ready
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kreyzie, Nothing to be ashamed of. If you don't feel ready it is better to postpone than to get a 680 and think "If I had only passed the two questions on the dang DS commands!"

Are you virtualizing an AD Domain so you can actually practice the commands?

PS - Test prep Software generally is a good indicator of howmany questions there are on the actual exam. While I don't think the exact number of questions would be covered under the NDA, it is phrased very broadly. So better to be safe...

This exam (the "Exam") is Microsoft confidential and is protected by intellectual property laws. It is made available to the Examinee solely for the purpose of becoming certified in the technical area referenced in the title of this Exam. The Examinee is expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting this Exam, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Microsoft.
    thx buddy ! i passed 290! cya in 291 threat!