Options

CCSP Study Materials

_maurice_maurice Member Posts: 142
I recently passed the CCNA Security exam. I'm moving on to the CCSP. I am looking for Certification Guides from Cisco Press for the 3 required exams of the CCSP. I am only finding old material. There is a SNRS 642-502 Certification Guide available, but this exam expired 2+ years ago. There is an SNPA Certification Guide, but this is for exam 642-522, again 2+ years old.

I have received recommendations to read the all-in-one ASA handbooks, which I will be doing. What do other people use to study for the new exams required for the CCSP?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    _maurice wrote: »
    What do other people use to study for the new exams required for the CCSP?
    Plan to spend lots of time reading the exam blueprint(s). :D

Then using the topics from the exam blueprint, check out the Cisco Documentation and White Papers.

Also compare the exam blueprint topics against the table of contents for the "old exam" Certification Guides -- a lot of the information should still be relevant.

The Cisco Press Quick Reference Sheets are probably worth getting and may be the only current hints you get about what's most important to know for the exams (besides everything in the exam blueprints).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    javastevejavasteve Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    _maurice wrote: »
    I recently passed the CCNA Security exam. I'm moving on to the CCSP. I am looking for Certification Guides from Cisco Press for the 3 required exams of the CCSP. I am only finding old material. There is a SNRS 642-502 Certification Guide available, but this exam expired 2+ years ago. There is an SNPA Certification Guide, but this is for exam 642-522, again 2+ years old.

I have received recommendations to read the all-in-one ASA handbooks, which I will be doing. What do other people use to study for the new exams required for the CCSP?

I passed the CCSP a while back and I'm selling my books. They may not be the most current, but they have tons of great information. Send me a private message if you are interested.

CCSP SNPA Official Exam Certification Guide (3rd Edition) (Hardcover)

CCSP IPS Exam Certification Guide (Hardcover)

CCSP SNRS Exam Certification Guide (Hardcover)

CCSP Flash Cards and Exam Practice Pack (Flash Cards and Exam Practice Packs) (Paperback)

complete set of 4 books for $50 (no cds included)