Options

I had an interview scheduled...

msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
So I had an interview setup, was excited to get into a better position and out of the rut I've been caught in for a while now. I was in a heightened sense of happiness after months of relative crappy feelings being overwhelmed with work, school, family and the lack of income due to hour cuts and the bills that have been piling up - was really looking forward to alleviating some of that.

And then...

There was an error... the list of candidates that were not selected for interviews got calls to have an interview scheduled. And then they got calls to rescind the interview.

I understand mistakes happen, but it's incredibly frustrating and royally ruined my day/week. Back to the daily grind I guess, fun.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Wow that sucks... Just keep at it and something will come along.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I think you have the same luck as me.

I went to an interview a few years ago and when I got there, I was told the interviewer had been rushed to the Emergecy Room the night before. I never had that interview.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I had a bad interview experience for my current job.

First I had to drive to SC from NC which was about four hours. When I got here I realized I forgot my suit at home. So I rushed to the mall and bought the least wrinkled clothes on the rack. When I got dressed and was getting in the car to head out, I get a call from the recruiter telling me that they shut down their office in this location that morning and that I should just go to the interview on my own and call him and let him know how it went. That pissed me off pretty good, they could have at least let me know prior, but then he tells me oh, by the way, the manager you were supposed to meet with had a family emergency and won't be there and that I will meet with someone else (who turned out to be the chief engineer).

At this point I was about to turn around and go home as I figured my chances at getting this position were now down to about zero. I decided to go and just see how things went not expecting much from it besides a waste of time since I wasn't even meeting the manager. I guess I made a good impression, because I got the call back like two days later with an offer!

Needless to say I didn't call the recruiter back with my status. I never returned their calls again. I guess they still got paid by my company though. Good thing it was direct higher and I didn't have to work contract through them.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    msteinhilber, thats got to be messed up. That was unprofessional to have called the whole list of candidates that were not scheduled to get interviewed....

*wonders if someone got fired*icon_twisted.gif

Hang in there man, keep your head up!!!! You will find something even bettericon_thumright.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had one foot in the door at Lucent just before they laid off/retired early 30,000 people back in 2001. The guy hiring me was one of them.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I've had stuff like that happen to me. Interviewed with a company 3 yrs ago. Two hiring managers and co. president said its a go, we'll get back to you tomorrow with an offer, etc. Well tomorrow came and went. I tried following up with the manager, no response to VM or email. I emailed the president (since she said if I have any questions or concerns to do so). Never heard back from her either. I figure its their loss.
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I also had something like this happen to me. Took the main interview and it seemed to go very well. I waited a few days and never heard a thing. I called the recruiter that I had been dealing with and he told me "they were going to take a pass". A week later I get a call from the recruiter. He's saying how they made a mistake and wanted me, and I should call the president of the company. I called him, but he was unavailable at the time we prearranged to have the call. He was supposed to call me back, but never did. I said forget that crap and never bothered to follow back up. Companies seem to just forget that you are in need of work. They just drag their feet and make the process much harder than it needs to be. That sucks that the company made a mistake like that. I hope you find something better soon.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    SettSett Member Posts: 187
    Two years ago I had an interview for a local company (a major one) and shortly after that they called me that I am approved for the position but I will have to start to work after two month or so as they are moving their office. Fair enough, I quit immediately the current job back than, to take a little brake before the new job. Well, these two months came and passed, but nooned call me. I waited some weeks and wrote them mail, they replied me that they will need two more weeks before I start and the status of my application is still unchanged - I am approved... That's the last thing I heard from them for 6 months after that. Of course I started on a new place (better actually) and after six months they called me to ask if I am still interested in the position.
    I just laughed and asked them "What do you think?!"
    Non-native English speaker
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sett wrote: »
    Two years ago I had an interview for a local company (a major one) and shortly after that they called me that I am approved for the position but I will have to start to work after two month or so as they are moving their office. Fair enough, I quit immediately the current job back than, to take a little brake before the new job. Well, these two months came and passed, but nooned call me. I waited some weeks and wrote them mail, they replied me that they will need two more weeks before I start and the status of my application is still unchanged - I am approved... That's the last thing I heard from them for 6 months after that. Of course I started on a new place (better actually) and after six months they called me to ask if I am still interested in the position.
    I just laughed and asked them "What do you think?!"

Ugh. I'm glad things worked out for you, but always get things in writing before leaving your current job. That's not a 100% guarantee, but it's a lot better than nothing.