Passed CCDA

Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
Well, just got back from the exam, scored 987.

I'm honestly disappointed. I could have passed this exam, a week after I finished my CCNP, only having to study up on the PPDIOO stuff and the SONA stuff (I admit, I neglected SONA during CCNP prep). Took me just over 30 minutes for all 65 questions. I know it's an associate level exam, but I'm somewhat offended at having to go back to wading in the kiddie pool to advance on a certification track.

I sincerely hope that ARCH will teach me something new, as I feel my time studying for the CCDA was wasted

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

Personally I don't really see the point of the CCDA. Design is not really an "associate" level task IMO. I think it would be better to just have the NP as a prerequisite for the DP. I guess just another way for Cisco to get $150 out of people. This is one of the major reasons I have never really given the design certs a thought. And the fact that I have never seen a job asking for the DA/DP (not that there aren't any out there).
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    For me, it's mostly resume filler. Since I'm able to leverage my CCNP results into adding another four letters to my alphabet soup, I consider that fairly cost effective. I'm just highly offended that the CCDA is thrown in there as a roadblock.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's a phenomenal score, congrats!
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    It seemed pretty natural to take the CCDA after the CCNP, it seemed like a refresher course.
    ARCH will throw much more stuff your way.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

I look at the DESGN exam and ARCH exam as two more good excuses to celebrate!! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Well done
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

I look at the DESGN exam and ARCH exam as two more good excuses to celebrate!! drunken_smilie.gif

Before or after the exams?icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

Congrats on passing. Don't let the CCDA set your expectations for Arch. You may be a little surprised.
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Congrats man.

Its another qualifications to the CV. Besides, imagine if you felt like that and failed the exam!!! :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    ITdude wrote: »
    Before or after the exams?icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

Congrats on passing. Don't let the CCDA set your expectations for Arch. You may be a little surprised.

Thanks for the grats, folks.

And yeah, I'm not letting the Associate level exam set my expectations for the Professional level, no more than I'd let the CCNA set my expectations for something like BSCI. I just like to feel that for every exam I pass, I learn something actually useful, and I can't say that with DESGN.

At any rate, time to get back to it, hopefully I won't need much turnaround to be able to pass ARCH