which one is easier?

eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
Hello guys
I passed the core hardware finally, I scored 539 and passing score is 515. I am going to start studing for the OS. :D

Which exam is easier? Hardware or OS?
Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
Illinois Institute of Technology

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It kind of depends on your experience. I thought Hardware was easier, but I actually scored higher on the OS only because I studied harder for that part.
  • TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Most people find the Hardware part to be easier... But a lot of it depends on how you prepare for the tests. For the OS exam I'd start taking as many practice tests as you can, that'll help prepare you for the different styles of question the exam tends to throw at you.

Good luck with the test :)
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I also thought Core was easier than OS.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    I thought that Core was easier then Os because i thought I know that kind of a stuff. But finally when i made the Core test i got a 521 where the minimum passing score was 515. After that i was think how am i able to pass the Os , it got too much overhead. After studying I finally made my Os and got 550 where the minimum score was 505.

So then I realized that Os is a little easier then Core. But don't forget it depends on the questions you get from Comptia , and also how much experience you got.

Good Luck

CLIFF
  • nathanamthornathanamthor Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dontecho wrote:
    Hello guys
    I passed the core hardware finally, I scored 539 and passing score is 515. I am going to start studing for the OS. :D

Which exam is easier? Hardware or OS?

I haven't taken the OS yet, but the material seems easier to me. Probably because with the Core they want you to know about pre-pentium hardware, fiber optic cabling (god knows why), stuff like that. If you have experience with and access to the tested OSes (like I'm fortunate enough to) it doesn't seem like there's half as much material to cover, as long as you know the stuff that's covered pretty well. I guess we'll find out on Wednesday when I take the OS!