Options

Ccsa?

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
While I am waiting for a credit from cisco for my CCNA test (it froze in the middle of the test) I am considering what I want to do next. I am already starting to build my router/switch lab and I was considering a checkpoint appliance for the lab as well (I want to do the CCSA due to the fact that all Net Engineers in my current company must do Checkpoint certs). Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be a good appliance to purchase? I have seen a wide array of products and prices on ebay and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on something cheap and effective?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't know the details myself, but I believe you can (could?) download the software and getting running on a PC. That might be sufficient for your studies. If nothing else, try contacting them and see if they can offer any guidance.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    I don't know the details myself, but I believe you can (could?) download the software and getting running on a PC. That might be sufficient for your studies. If nothing else, try contacting them and see if they can offer any guidance.

Sound advice. THe test is only 100 dollars, I sure hope it is worth it...
  • Options
    I called checkpoint and basically didn't get to much info about the cert. I can't find anyone who offers practice exams, they wouldn't tell me what would be good equipment to practice on. Sigh.....
  • Options
    Well I joined a checkpoint users group. Still tryna find a good lab set up for the CCSA. Alot of people seem to be brain dumping this test ncool.gif so I am finding it difficult to find honest materials for this test.
  • Options
    BubbaJSmithBubbaJSmith Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Boson offers a practice test (I haven't tried it yet). Check Point Certification Practice Exams

I have used their Cisco practice exams and they have worked out well.

As for a lab, you can download the firewall software and run it off a windows box - the software is a trial and will run for 60 days, I think. Try Our Products - Check Point Software

Good luck! I'm looking at getting the CCSA, too, but want to finish up the CCNA:S first. If you get the Boson software, let us know how it is!
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    What version of software are they testing on now? R70? and any idea if it's based off of their UTM platform?