Hello experts pls help. I need your opinion

simzzsimzz Banned Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I got a good IT background. I did my bachelor and then masters degree in computer science. And I am quite good in IT but most of my knowledge is theoraticle. But now I want to go for some certifications. These days I am preparing for CCNA.

But I just wanna ask that will i get any benefit if I do CCNA.I mean job wise

and Can you please tell me what kind of microsoft certification I can do, Which can enhance both my networking and IT skills.

Any help, comments will be really appreciated

Regards

Samicon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Agent6376Agent6376 Member Posts: 201
    Hi Simzz and welcome to the forums,

I think going for your CCNA is a great idea to reinforce your networking knowledge and let future employers that you're still actively learning new content. Also, if you're looking at which Microsoft exam you'd like to take on, you should first look at exactly which type of work are you looking to do. For instance, if you're interested in getting started with MS exams and you want to land a help desk position or possibly work for an entity such as CompUSA or Best Buy's Geek Squad, you might want to look at the MCDST. On the other hand, you may want to be a server admin and go the MCSE route.

Also, remember to not discount CompTIA's A+ and Net+ exams. There are very well known and can be used as electives for either your MCSE or your MCSA. On top of that, if you're studying CCNA and you have theoretical knowledge then both exams would be fairly easy for you to knock out.
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    If you want to do Microsoft certifications it will be a advantage because a lot of companies use Microsoft products. Do MCSE/MCSA/MCP certifications it will teach you about Microsoft system networking.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcse.aspx
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    what did you concentrate on/specialize in for your masters? What type of work are you looking for?

I have to agree that a CCNA is pretty desirable by employers, even for non-networking positions. As for the MS certs that would be helpful, that will really depend on what products you want to work with and in what capacity.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • simzzsimzz Banned Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks u all for ur advice. This forum is a better place then I thought. Cheers
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    simzz wrote: »
    Thanks u all for ur advice. This forum is a better place then I thought. Cheers

Ouch....what were your initial thoughts of us? :)
  • simzzsimzz Banned Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ouch....what were your initial thoughts of us? :)

no offence, soryy... thank u very much icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif