Juniper Fast Track Extended through 2008

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□

Comments

• JohnDouglasJohnDouglas Member Posts: 186
    huzzar. might fill out my training a bit with a juniper cert once i have bsci under my belt.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Secondly, we have also dropped the Cisco routing certification requirement. Therefore, in 2008 any experienced networking professional can participate in the program. From January through December 2008, Juniper Networks will continue to fast track even more networking professionals in the shortest amount of time—and STILL at no cost!
    Cool for me, since I didn't have the time last year.

And cool for all the non-Cisco Certified networking professionals!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does that mean I can do this too? Awesome! icon_cool.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ya - that is a bad news for me icon_sad.gif

instead rushing to sit on December 07 and having very bad score (very limited time to study) - i might try that on 08.
    maybe next couple of months :)
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    I'm planning on knocking this year 2
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I was all ready to take this exam over the summer (already had the free voucher) before I realized my testing center stopped doing prometric. Since they extended maybe I'll bush off the old Juniper materials and get around to getting to a new testing center.

I'm curious to see what the new certifications they are going to include in the program:

"If you have completed the Enterprise Routing certifications, very soon you will be able to achieve two more Juniper Networks certifications. We'll be informing you of the details in the near future."

Maybe something to do with the new switch line???
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • michieltimmersmichieltimmers Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's not going to be free anymore, just 50% off the normal price:

quote from http://www.juniper.net/training/fasttrack/:
    - Beginning February 8, participants will realize a 50% savings when redeeming JNCIA-ER and JNCIS-ER vouchers at any Prometric Testing Center, as opposed to being able to take the exams at no charge in 2007.
    It may be Baaaaaaaaaaack!!

Got the email "Save 100% on JUNOS Fast Track Certification"
    You’re invited to join an exclusive program that makes your JUNOS Certification even more valuable.

Simply join the JUNOS Fast Track Rewards Program now, then pass the pre-assesment and certification exam before October 31, 2009.

black-arrow_junosft.gif [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you pass the pre-assessment exam, you’ll receive a 100% discount voucher for the certification exam (a $125 value).

[/FONT] black-arrow_junosft.gif Everyone who passes the certification exam will be entered into a monthly drawing for an incentive worth $300.
    Not sure if this is because I signed up for the Fast Track program recently but haven't taken the pre-assessment yet....

Okay!!! icon_cheers.gif Looks like it is for everyone again!! icon_cheers.gif It's on the Juniper Networks Certification Fast Track Program - Juniper Networks web page.
    Sweet back to 100%! I might actually go take this one now. I wonder if they will give me a new voucher since I never used the last one... Seems like they are really desperate for people to get certified so I don't see why they wouldn't.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I believe they also require that you be a Futurama fan boy...
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is because I signed up for the Fast Track program recently but haven't taken the pre-assessment yet....

I got it today too and haven't touched it in a long time. I may have to now :D
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Would a Jun cert be a good thing to add to a CCNA or something?
    knwminus wrote: »
    Would a Jun cert be a good thing to add to a CCNA or something?

Sure if you work with Juniper gear.
    Sure if you work with Juniper gear.

I don't. But I don't work with Cisco either.icon_cry.gif Using certs to try to get off the helpdesk....
    knwminus wrote: »
    Using certs to try to get off the helpdesk....
    If there are opportunities down the road in your area working on Juniper equipment, then getting some Juniper Certifications would make you a candidate for those positions.

But if you don't see any jobs in your area that mention Juniper, then your best bet for escaping helpdesk could be adding Microsoft or Linux Certifications.

Don't forget to figure recertification requirements into your future certification plans.
    As Mike pointed out Juniper certs might not be the best thing to go for if you are looking for something to get you off the helpdesk. They are not a big player in the enterprise arena.

The cert is free though, so if you have the time and the resources to learn, you might as well go for it. Just keep in mind the JNCIA is probably not going to be a door opener for you, but you never know.
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    I believe they also require that you be a Futurama fan boy...

Yuppers. But seriously, who isn't Futurama fan boy?

:)
    mikej412 wrote: »
    If there are opportunities down the road in your area working on Juniper equipment, then getting some Juniper Certifications would make you a candidate for those positions.

But if you don't see any jobs in your area that mention Juniper, then your best bet for escaping helpdesk could be adding Microsoft or Linux Certifications.

Don't forget to figure recertification requirements into your future certification plans.

You know I honestly forgot about recertification. I mean for the LPIC I think it is 5 years or something, CCNA/CCXP is every 3.

I have a question for you: How long did it take you to go from CCNA to CCXP? I mean in terms of knowledge and actual time to take the tests?
    As Mike pointed out Juniper certs might not be the best thing to go for if you are looking for something to get you off the helpdesk. They are not a big player in the enterprise arena.

The cert is free though, so if you have the time and the resources to learn, you might as well go for it. Just keep in mind the JNCIA is probably not going to be a door opener for you, but you never know.

I did a search on Dice for Juniper. 4 jobs. I am thinking that studying for the LPIC will be the better investment due to the amount of Cisco/Linux jobs. I also looked for checkpoint and I have found several jobs as well. So idk Juniper is out...
    I retook the assessment exam a few minutes ago to see where I was. Scored 68% and 70% was passing. I'm pretty sure I got all the questions correct except those damn J-web questions. Its like the stupid SDM question on the Cisco exams. Why should I have to memorize the J-web/SDM menu structure? I'm sure I'd figure it out once I got on there.

I guess I'll run through the OJRE guide again to catch back up on the J-web stuff.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    zoidberg wrote: »
    Yuppers. But seriously, who isn't Futurama fan boy?

:)

I mean really, who doesn't like Futurama? :D
    I retook the assessment exam a few minutes ago to see where I was. Scored 68% and 70% was passing. I'm pretty sure I got all the questions correct except those damn J-web questions. Its like the stupid SDM question on the Cisco exams. Why should I have to memorize the J-web/SDM menu structure?

good ol' Jweb, really who actually uses it for more then a monitoring tool? I've know a few ppl who love it for configuring the routers but me personally I'll take the cli any day.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender