Studying for ITIL v3 Exam

darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
So I'm taking the ITIL v3 Exam within the next few months. I just got this "Self-Paced E-Learning" course through Global Knowledge:

ITIL Training IT Infrastructure Library ITIL v3 Foundation Exam Prep Boot Camp at Global Knowledge

The course actually is given by this company, as GK just forwarded me to them after purchasing:

ITpreneurs Online Campus: e-Learning, Online Courses and Certifications in ITSM / ITIL v3, COBIT, ISO/IEC 20000

I just started it and it's actually pretty cool. Seems like an all-flash site once you get in. You're put in a "virtual conference" where there are different classes and events available. Things go awry at the conference for different reasons and they use these incidents to help you see real life examples of ITIL and how it can help. I'm just starting, but I like it already, so wanted to pass it along.

It also includes a v3-based practice exam and the voucher for the actual ITIL exam, so overall not a bad price at $649, I don't think.

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    So I'm taking the ITIL v3 Exam within the next few months. I just got this "Self-Paced E-Learning" course through Global Knowledge:

ITIL Training IT Infrastructure Library ITIL v3 Foundation Exam Prep Boot Camp at Global Knowledge

The course actually is given by this company, as GK just forwarded me to them after purchasing:

ITpreneurs Online Campus: e-Learning, Online Courses and Certifications in ITSM / ITIL v3, COBIT, ISO/IEC 20000

I just started it and it's actually pretty cool. Seems like an all-flash site once you get in. You're put in a "virtual conference" where there are different classes and events available. Things go awry at the conference for different reasons and they use these incidents to help you see real life examples of ITIL and how it can help. I'm just starting, but I like it already, so wanted to pass it along.

It also includes a v3-based practice exam and the voucher for the actual ITIL exam, so overall not a bad price at $649, I don't think.

Good luck on this...keep a look out on my LinkedIn profile for some free resources that I will be posting soon that might be useful to you.

Thanks,

MS
  • carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    eMeS wrote: »
    Good luck on this...keep a look out on my LinkedIn profile for some free resources that I will be posting soon that might be useful to you.

Thanks,

MS

I am interested in that material. We were told recently at my job that they want us to get ITIL v3 foundation certified.
    carboncopy wrote: »
    I am interested in that material. We were told recently at my job that they want us to get ITIL v3 foundation certified.

Will you be taking a class, or doing self-study?

Are you on my LinkedIn? If not, send me a pm here with your name on LinkedIn.

MS
  • carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    eMeS wrote: »
    Will you be taking a class, or doing self-study?

Are you on my LinkedIn? If not, send me a pm here with your name on LinkedIn.

MS

Well honestly I prefer to take the class for this particular cert. I am waiting for some stuff to come through before deciding when I will get started on it. But it is definitely something I will get done this year.
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Found out the exam voucher included in this package actually has me taking the exam wherever I want to, with a proctor of my choice supervising me and setting everything up.

Kinda sucks having to set all this up. It's much easier just walking into a VUE center.
    Found out the exam voucher included in this package actually has me taking the exam wherever I want to, with a proctor of my choice supervising me and setting everything up.

Kinda sucks having to set all this up. It's much easier just walking into a VUE center.

Where are you located?

MS
    Well, I'm taking this Friday. I scored 80% on my practice exam and even though that wasn't a great score, I feel pretty confident going into it. I'm going to practice some more and brush up on those topics I miss on the exams.

The on-line course was really well done and I'd highly suggest it to anyone wanting to take a self-paced online course for ITIL foundations. I haven't read a book or used any other source and I feel like I understand all of the concepts. Best of all, I feel confident going into the exam, which is great.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine :D
    26 = 40 on ITIL Foundation...so IMO 80% is a great score.

BTW, #7 on the practice questions that I gave you lists an incorrect answer as correct. The actual answer is "D) All of the above".

Best wishes on the exam,

MS
    Yeah, tomorrow I'm going to hit those up, another practice exam from the course, the ITIL glossary, a quick reference card (which is actually 5 pages of notes), and a summary of the lifecycle. I think that should cover it.
    Passed.

Thanks for the questions, eMeS. They're really well done and represented what I saw on the test very well.

On to CCNA Voice!
    Passed.

Thanks for the questions, eMeS. They're really well done and represented what I saw on the test very well.

On to CCNA Voice!

Congrats!

MS
  • RadheRadhe Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is your linkedin id where I can find resources for ITIL which u hav posted. I would really appreciate ur help as I m trying to write ITIL exam in september 2009 .. Thnx