Slayed "The Beast" Today

girdavid178girdavid178 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
Slayed "the beast" on the first attempt today with 968. I used CBT, Sybex, MS Press, and a lot of hours on this website.....I was expecting that this exam would have been a bit more challenging considering all the hype that it gets........but the questions in the exam where pretty short and got directly to the point. My Question is now which exam to do next ....I aiming for my MCSE but I'm looking for some insite on what would be the best order to take these exams in????? ....<Thanks lot Everyone this site ROCKS!!!!!!!!!>

Comments

• tribe_menxtribe_menx Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done .......superscore :)
    B.Science Information Systems
  • drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    fantastic job. You must have been pretty psyched when that score came up. icon_thumright.gif

tribe menx I see you are working on 70-431 and also preparing for the 291. I'm also prepping for the 431. How are you coming along? Maybe we can share some information.

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • tribe_menxtribe_menx Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    drewkeg.. I got few hours left to try my luck on the beast :D spend a hefty 2 months getting ready, half of it on transcender practical exams

on 431 hopefully i can start with it fulltime tommorow ( so far i finnish setting up my SQL 2005 LAB) and recently got the dream team materials to tackle it " T-sql ") ones that it
    check in microsoft sql forum there is good help there
    B.Science Information Systems
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well done on getting such a great score.
    As far as the best order of MCP exams go, you kinda started right in the middle and did the hardest one first. Might as well keep going with 70-293. All the others will seem easy after that.
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! thats an excellent score!

I am hating studying for this exam, i have never used RRAS before, i only have basic knowledge of DNS, i know nothing about ipsec, but i am ok on DHCP. rahh!! head in books!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    First of all, congratulations on passing the 70-291, that's no small feat. icon_thumright.gif

Second, I'd recommend doing 70-293 next, as it overlaps with 70-291 a lot. After that, unless you have a specific reason for doing 70-297 as your design exam, I'd recommend going for 70-298, as the security topics it covers overlap heavily with 70-293. Then, finish up the MCSE with 70-294, and then all you need is an elective, but I'd save that for last. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Billy boyBilly boy Banned Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WOW, you did it on the first time and such a huge score, congratsicon_thumright.gif
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass the first time, great score!icon_thumright.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

xcluziv - nope, last time i looked, i'm not a turtle... :D
  • Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Awesome score! icon_cheers.gif
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    Congrats on the amazing score. I'm getting ready to take 70-291 this coming Friday, and after that I plan on hopping right into 70-293. Since the networking stuff is so complex, I do not want to forget the 291 stuff for 293. Then its on for the rest of the MCSE exams (probably 270, then 294, then 297 and 29icon_cool.gif.

It should be a long year...
    Todd - welcome and good luck on friday! :)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't know how I failed to congratulate a fellow Bleach enthusiast. Anyway, congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
  • privateerprivateer Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Slayed "the beast" on the first attempt today with 968. I used CBT, Sybex, MS Press, and a lot of hours on this website.....I was expecting that this exam would have been a bit more challenging considering all the hype that it gets........but the questions in the exam where pretty short and got directly to the point. My Question is now which exam to do next ....I aiming for my MCSE but I'm looking for some insite on what would be the best order to take these exams in????? ....<Thanks lot Everyone this site ROCKS!!!!!!!!!>

are brain swaps ok on this site bowing.gif
  • djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    You mean brain ****? Uhhh, no. They are not.
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats! and yes, I can attest that they made this test much easier now... It's not quite the best it used to be. I took it once back in the day and failed it and then got busy for like 1.5 years before my retake.

The first time the questions were really long and wordy etc... The second time it was almost like the Network+ with straight and to the point questions for the most part. I thought it was much easier the second time.
    Dustin Leefers
  • privateerprivateer Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    djhss68 wrote: »
    You mean brain ****? Uhhh, no. They are not.
    nope i mean his for mine