The waiting game

meendavemeendave Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
It's been 2 weeks since taking the exam and I am sick of waiting for the results. I've heard of people getting results in 4, 7, & 11 days, so I don't know what is the holdup. It's a scantron, what could possibly take so long! I know they tell you "up to 6 weeks," but come on. Does anyone know why it takes so long??

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Hundred of people take (ISC)2 exams every week world wide. The exams are graded by a test preparation service that also grades all types of exams from many other organizations. You're in a long queue with thousands of other professionals from many other occupations who are also waiting for their own exam results. In other words, they'll get to you when they get to you. Until then, consider the wait a character-building exercise. You don't want a current or future employer to find that you've made rash, public postings that make you look like an impatient, immature, and unprofessional hot-head, do you?
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    meendave wrote: »
    It's been 2 weeks since taking the exam and I am sick of waiting for the results. I've heard of people getting results in 4, 7, & 11 days, so I don't know what is the holdup. It's a scantron, what could possibly take so long! I know they tell you "up to 6 weeks," but come on. Does anyone know why it takes so long??

There are a gadzillion people taking these sorts of tests. It's just administrative churn. Hold on and the results will come. Good luck!
  • meendavemeendave Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ha... I see JDMurray is a comedian around here. No worries, I'm not interested in getting into a forum debate/dispute. Was just interested in some feedback on the process, which you've provided. Thanks.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ha... I see JDMurray is a comedian around here. No worries, I'm not interested in getting into a forum debate/dispute. Was just interested in some feedback on the process, which you've provided. Thanks.

JDMurray is an active participant here who bust his balls to get the CISSP who is giving up his time for free to help people like you when he should be concentrating on what he is paid to do.
    People who have the CISSP certification are expected to be professionals, and your posting had little in the the way of a professional tone or appearance about it.
  • zen masterzen master Member Posts: 222
    Come on guys, no need to be so harsh. At least he's passionate and concerned about his results. Granted, he needs to be more patient and tactful, but the good thing is that now the information is out there for everyone's benefit.
    Anyone who wants to know the status of their (ISC)2 exam results should contact the (ISC)2 directly at registrar@isc2.org.
  • meendavemeendave Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For anyone that is interested, the wait was 26 days. I passed.
    Hey, congratz! icon_thumright.gif

Now you gotta submit the signed endorsement form and wait for your cert in the mail.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    For anyone that is interested, the wait was 26 days. I passed.

Congrats !! icon_thumright.gif

Can you please share your study plan ? what material did you use and how long did it take you to prepare ? and what's your background ??

I'm looking forward earning this cert one day :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    congrats icon_smile.gif

and following Unixguy, studyplan, materials ? recomendations tips ?
    cheers icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    heh.....
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Hundred of people take (ISC)2 exams every week world wide. The exams are graded by a test preparation service that also grades all types of exams from many other organizations. You're in a long queue with thousands of other professionals from many other occupations who are also waiting for their own exam results. In other words, they'll get to you when they get to you. Until then, consider the wait a character-building exercise. You don't want a current or future employer to find that you've made rash, public postings that make you look like an impatient, immature, and unprofessional hot-head, do you?
    Next up: OSCP