What do you do with your certs?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
This might have been posted in another thread, but just curious what everyone does with the certificates when they come in the mail? Do you frame them, file them, hang them up at home/work?

Comments

• cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mine are all filed away. I can remember when I went to my first test center and there were certificates all over the walls. I thought I can't wait to have some certs like that to hang up. I never have hung them up. I may do though when I buy my own house.
  • jnwdmbjnwdmb Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hang one in the home office.....when I first started I framed them all, now I just frame the "biggest" one and hang it up....its not really important, just recognizes my accomplishment after all the studying and hard work. I recently considered bringing it to my desk/office space, but didnt know if it would come across the wrong way to my peers
    A+ IT Technician, Network +, Security+
    MCSA:M, MCSE:S
    (MS 270,290,291,293,294,298,299)
    MS Exchange 2003 (70-284)
    MCTS: Server 2K8 Virtualization(70-652 & 70-403)
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I used to hang them all, but now I just hang the ones I consider relevant
  • drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have not hung any of mine up, but was thinking about it. As of now they are filed away. I did just create my own office space on our third floor and was thinking of framing and hanging up there. Just as a reminder of all the hard work I put in to earn them.

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Used to have them in a pile waiting to get framed/hung, but that pile's been collecting dust for a while so now I have mine in document sleeves in a binder. Nice little collection of documents showing where my "spare" time for the last couple years! :D
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    skrpune wrote: »
    Used to have them in a pile waiting to get framed/hung, but that pile's been collecting dust for a while so now I have mine in document sleeves in a binder. Nice little collection of documents showing where my "spare" time for the last couple years! :D

Wait... you have spare time?????????????

I leave em in a stack to:)
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sitting in their original envelopes on the middle shelf of my desk at home...propping up about 1.5 years worth of bills that I need to file away.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Mine are all filed in a plastic wallet.

I used to have them in frames and on the wall but when the children came along I lost my spare room so filed them all away icon_cry.gif
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Filed away somewhere.
    Only keep the current mcp card.
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Haven't hung any yet. When I get the CCIE I will, or maybe I'll just get one of the plaques Cisco offers.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I have my best ones on my office wall at work.
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would, one day, like to hand one in office space. just don't have that big of a cert yet, but one of these days. for right now they are all in a file with Bsc Degree.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    i like to hold them in front of people's faces to let them read what it is, and punch them.

actually, i just keep them in a box in the closet.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    brad- wrote: »
    i like to hold them in front of people's faces to let them read what it is, and punch them.

icon_lol.gif

I'm going to start doing that too.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    brad- wrote: »

ROFL icon_lol.gif I have actually hurt myself laughing icon_lol.gif
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I have my best ones on my office wall at work.

I'd hang my relevant ones on my office wall if my company believed in office space for non executives hehe
  • SumptuousSumptuous Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There are still in their original envelopes in my home drawer.
    2010 GOALS

MCITP,EA,SACWNACCNP
  • exx1976exx1976 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    MCSE 2k3 and VCP are on the wall at the office, the rest are in my desk at home.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Aw, I missed this thread because I was on vacation. You rule Brad icon_cool.gif

I file all mine.
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Most I am not completely sure where they are. I do keep the wallet card of both my CCNA and Security+ on me though. Security+ just in case for the DoD compliance.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    woah wait a sec? They let you have vacation? What is this time off that you speak of.