Review: INE CCIE Written Bootcamp COD

liquid6liquid6 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
When I purchased the CCIE 2.0 program a month ago I decided to get the Written Bootcamp COD. Here are my initial impressions, after watching all of the QoS and BGP videos.

Quite dissappointed, I was expecting a deep dive into the theory of each protocol down to the fundamentals of how things worked, which this definitely isn't. It seems to be lower than CCNP level stuff being covered, possibly good for review but not worth buying if you have just completed your CCNP.

The presentation is great, albeit a little slow to load each video (sometimes 10 minutes) when some of them aren't even 10 minutes long, but if the material was good I could put up with that. So I feel for me this was a waste of money, if I could advise other people...stick with the Vol I technology labs and the Advanced Technologies COD which are both excellent. Possibly if it has been a long time since you passed your CCNP or if you haven't completed your CCNP it might be a good buy.

Just my 2 cents.

liquid
blog.insomniacnetwork.com

Comments

• ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Well that sucks, I was really hoping to grab those in the future.
  • apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    Who is the instructer? If it is Mcgahan your report would really suprise me.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think Anthony does the written stuff.
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Thanks for the review.
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • liquid6liquid6 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah its anthony...and im sure he knows the technology inside and out but for whatever reason it doesn't get that deep.

liquid
    blog.insomniacnetwork.com
  • nullrouternullrouter Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    liquid6 wrote: »
    yeah its anthony...and im sure he knows the technology inside and out but for whatever reason it doesn't get that deep.

liquid

Neither does the written exam. ;)
    CCIE R&S All Done :D

Web Blog of sorts:
    http://blog.nullrouter.com
  • apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    All the prometric exams seem sort of strange to me with some off the questions they throw on there.