Options

Net+

DanielthemanDanieltheman Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I looked on another post that the last day to take the 003 was the 31st of July is this true or do i have to shift my focus and buy new study materials for the 004?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thats what I've heard as well. Book it quickly or do the new objectives. I haven't seen the difference between the two though.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Yes it ends the 31st. If you have already been studying for the 003 then schedule it now. I just scheduled mine for the last test time in NE Florida on the 31st. If I pass I will be one of the last to pass the 003.

One big difference is about a 200 point increase in the required passing score.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Sadly i have just started studyiong for the exam but all my materials are for the 003 at this point i dont know if i should just get new materials for the 004 since my voucher will expire in a few days..
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Sadly i have just started studyiong for the exam but all my materials are for the 003 at this point i dont know if i should just get new materials for the 004 since my voucher will expire in a few days..

That would depend how much time you have this weekend and next week. I think if you can read through a book in that time, take several practice exams (here and on proprofs) and make sure you know the objectives all in the next 7 days then go for it. If not then I would say just plan on the 004.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    clikcspeedclikcspeed Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□

How long have you been studying for and how much time per day do you allocate for study? I managed to pass the exam (with a score of 780) this past Wednesday after a little over 2 weeks of study. I was going to take the 2009 edition but I did not have new material and there is quite a difference between the 2009 and 2007 version just from looking at the exam objectives...

All the best whatever you choose to do.
    -clikc-
  • Options
    well i've been reading my study book and my goal is to get at least 2 chapters every day and some practice questions here and read through the pdf's. So hopefully i can manage to learn all this in these couple of days.