Options

SSH/SFTP software for Windows !!!

ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
SSH (SECURE SHELL)..........................

SSH is a service like telnet which allows you to run commands on a remote device. However the downside of Telnet is that it does not encrypt the packets, so if someone is packet sniffing in your network they can easily receive every single information that has being sent out like user/password etc. With SSH all of the packets will be encrypted !!!

Download link:
http://www.freesshd.com/freeSSHd.exe

For more information visit freeSSHd and freeFTPd - open source SSH and SFTP servers for Windows

SFTP (SSH FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOL)

SFTP is a service that is used to read and write files on a remote server just like like ftp except ftp does not encrypt the packets like sftp.

Download link for SFTP server:
http://www.freesshd.com/freeSSHd.exe

Download link for SFTP client software:
ftp://ftp.tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/pub/prog/SSHSecureShellClient-3.2.9.exe

It is simple to install and configure these services. For more information and a tutorial visit

FreeSSHd A Free SSH Server For Windows

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Uh. Okay? I assume that most people on this forum would know what SSH is.

Freesshd appears to be using portions of OpenSSL but don't advertise that fact even though they're supposed to. The actual OpenSSL version isn't known either and there have been bugs/security issues with older versions. Source code isn't available for freesshd either. There are better alternatives for Windows and I'd avoid it personally.
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    I use WinSCP for SFTP, works very well and its free
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    +1 for WinSCP
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    I also use WinSCP. For just SSH and Telnet, both Tera Term and Putty work fine.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Filezilla also has a couple secure FTP options I believe.
  • Options
    7lowe7lowe Member Posts: 178 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +1 for Putty & WinSCP
  • Options
    bsddaemon0bsddaemon0 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    sidsanderssidsanders Member Posts: 217 ■■■□□□□□□□
    putty/filezilla/winscp for clients.
    if you need a windows ssh server: copssh - OpenSSH for Windows | ITeF!x

best free one ive seen.
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!