ICND2 Passed

citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
After taking the Cisco Academy classes and failing the OLD CCNA twice about a year ago (missed by 9pts and 12pts) I purchased a small lab (and of course used packet tracer) and began to study again about 2 months ago. I know they changed the curriculum since last taking the test. About 5 weeks ago I took the ICND1 and passed with a 951 and I was happy to see that I could retain the knowledge. I then scheduled the ICND2 for Monday 7/27 and was super happy to see that I passed with a 936. Now I am going to move on to the MCSE/A since I do not have any Microsoft certs yet.

Thanks to all the helpful knowledge here.

Charlie

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on the pass... good luck on your MS Certs...

~Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    citinerd wrote: »
    After taking the Cisco Academy classes and failing the OLD CCNA twice about a year ago (missed by 9pts and 12pts) I purchased a small lab (and of course used packet tracer) and began to study again about 2 months ago. I know they changed the curriculum since last taking the test. About 5 weeks ago I took the ICND1 and passed with a 951 and I was happy to see that I could retain the knowledge. I then scheduled the ICND2 for Monday 7/27 and was super happy to see that I passed with a 936. Now I am going to move on to the MCSE/A since I do not have any Microsoft certs yet.

Charlie

Congrats...what material did you use to study for the test in terms of books?
  • hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    congrats on the pass ;)
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    I used the 2 cisco press books. Very detailed and definetely toooo much information. If you get them do the questions at the end of the Chapters. I swear some of them were worded exactly the same as on the exam. Get the books off of amazon.com they were only $30 each.
    CONGRATS on the pass... good luck on your MS Certs...

~Peanut

Thanks!

hodgey87 wrote: »
    congrats on the pass ;)

and Thanks!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    Very detailed and definetely toooo much information.
    When it comes to the exams, it's better to have too much information (and not use some of it) than to just not have enough information. :D

Good Luck with the Microsoft Studies and Exams!! icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    Congrats.. I am studying now.. my CCNA expires in Oct!
  • jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    I used the 2 cisco press books. Very detailed and definetely toooo much information. If you get them do the questions at the end of the Chapters. I swear some of them were worded exactly the same as on the exam. Get the books off of amazon.com they were only $30 each.

I'm using the same ones and feel the exact same way. I appreciate your information and congrats.
  • trackittrackit Member Posts: 224

Charlie

what do you mean by "failing the OLD CCNA twice a year ago" and "i know they changed the curriculum since last taking the test"

I know CCNA had makover in 2007 introducing ICND 1 and ICND2... and i have some study material from late 2007... did they change the curriculum in 2008 aswell?
    trackit wrote: »
    what do you mean by "failing the OLD CCNA twice a year ago" and "i know they changed the curriculum since last taking the test"

I know CCNA had makover in 2007 introducing ICND 1 and ICND2... and i have some study material from late 2007... did they change the curriculum in 2008 aswell?

The CCNA v3.1 is the one I attempted twice. I believe the test was 640-801. The curriculum was updated (v4.0). There are a couple of good changes though. They removed ISDN. :-0 They added ipv6 and wlan. I know there are other differences but those are the main ones I remember.
    I'm using the same ones and feel the exact same way. I appreciate your information and congrats.

Thanks, and Good luck on the 31st. Let us know how you did!
    jbrad95706 wrote: »
    Grats! icon_cheers.gif

Thanks!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

When it comes to the exams, it's better to have too much information (and not use some of it) than to just not have enough information. :D

Good Luck with the Microsoft Studies and Exams!! icon_study.gif

I agree, too much info is a good thing. It made me feel very comfortable about 20 questions in when I was not yet stumped by a question. And thanks for the kind words.

justindu wrote: »
    Congrats.. I am studying now.. my CCNA expires in Oct!

Good luck.... Let us know how you did!
  • pipemajorpipemajor Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats from here also. I've been in IT a good number of years and networking for nearly 15 years but had a tough time figuring out the exam requirements.

Finally scored on the ICND1 exam and have jumped right into ICND2. Should be ready in 30-40 days...

And yeah, mine is all self-study using the Oldom Cisco Press books. I think the latest versions read much easier than earlier versions.
  • ITguy83ITguy83 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • typeshtypesh Member Posts: 168
  • jeesarejeesare Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Charlie icon_thumright.gif
    pipemajor wrote: »
    Congrats from here also. I've been in IT a good number of years and networking for nearly 15 years but had a tough time figuring out the exam requirements.

Finally scored on the ICND1 exam and have jumped right into ICND2. Should be ready in 30-40 days...

And yeah, mine is all self-study using the Oldom Cisco Press books. I think the latest versions read much easier than earlier versions.

Thanks! I really like the Cisco Press books just because they give you too much information, so when you get those wierd questions they do not seem so hard.
    ITguy83 wrote: »
    Congrats

Thanks,
    typesh wrote: »
    Congrats!!

Thanks!
    jeesare wrote: »
    Congrats Charlie icon_thumright.gif

Thanks!