Hyperlink in a domain logon banner?

Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
Is it possible to put an active hyperlink in a domain logon banner?

For some reason im thinking "no" or even that if you could it wouldnt work if clicked.

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I cannot imagine how it would work. You cannot run IE if you are not logged on...

What are you trying to accomplish? Maybe there is another way to go about it.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    No it's not, so usually what I've done in the past is have a logon script load a web page in IE in a window with no toolbars, etc at a fixed size.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    We are trying to give direction to our full acceptable use policy, which is too large to be totally put into the logon banner.
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    We are trying to give direction to our full acceptable use policy, which is too large to be totally put into the logon banner.

Perhaps you could put a line of text stating that logging on means the individual has agreed to and read the acceptable use policy presented to them when they were hired and then placing a link to it in the "All Users/Desktop" folder and using group policy to ensure there is a Favorites item in IE. Would that be enough for you? You could also combine this with Astorrs suggestion as well.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Perhaps you could put a line of text stating that logging on means the individual has agreed to and read the acceptable use policy presented to them when they were hired and then placing a link to it in the "All Users/Desktop" folder and using group policy to ensure there is a Favorites item in IE. Would that be enough for you? You could also combine this with Astorrs suggestion as well.

Placing a link on their desktop would probably be sufficient. Having it pop up everytime they log on would venture into annoyance.

This is an agreement theyve reviewed and signed to be able to use to access electronic devices so they cant use the excuse that they havnt seen it, we just want to makes sure they can access it again if they need to.
    Just be sure to set the permissions so that they cannot delete the link.