Introducing myself .....new here

SakinaSakina Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone. I hope to be spending quite some time here until I write my CCNA exams. I realized with quite a shock that my certs are 8-9 years old the other day and defiantly in the wrong job..... don't know how I moved from a Chief Network Technologist to be sitting in an IT Project co-ordinator job.
I have decided to do something about this and hope its not too late to move back into Networking (where I was for 10 years).
I will probably ask many questions but hopefully be able to help others as my skills develop.

So, nice to meet everyone and know I'm not alone on this road to CCNA-dom.
:study:
Gallagher -- Don't you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence? There's one marked "Brightness," but it doesn't work

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the TechExams.Net forums!! :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • cerberoscerberos Member Posts: 168
    Sakina wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I hope to be spending quite some time here until I write my CCNA exams. I realized with quite a shock that my certs are 8-9 years old the other day and defiantly in the wrong job..... don't know how I moved from a Chief Network Technologist to be sitting in an IT Project co-ordinator job.
    I have decided to do something about this and hope its not too late to move back into Networking (where I was for 10 years).
    I will probably ask many questions but hopefully be able to help others as my skills develop.

So, nice to meet everyone and know I'm not alone on this road to CCNA-dom.

Welcome Sakina... All guys here are willing to help with the best they can... You came to the right place icon_thumright.gif.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome!!!! Good luck with your studies...

V/r

~Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • typeshtypesh Member Posts: 168
  • dshay25dshay25 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welcome Sakina! Everyone here is extremely helpful :)
    WIP:
    -A.S. in Networking and Communications
    -CCENT
  • jeesarejeesare Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the board! You're going to like this place a lot icon_biggrin.gif
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Welcome! You will find this site very helpful and the people here are very nice.
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Welcome Sakina!

This is a great site with helpful people. Good luck in your studies! icon_thumright.gif
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Welcome to the forum.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome!

But take what I say with a grain of salt...
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome!
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    welcome aboard!
    dynamik wrote: »
    Welcome!

But take what I say with a grain of salt...
    ....and I'd say it's more like a whole salt lick than a grain... ;)
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • SakinaSakina Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, I already feel at home here. Thanks for all the welcome's icon_cheers.gif
    I have received Todd Lammle's sixth edition study guide and also got the paid version of SemSim's router sim and cram sheets. These should be a good start. I will go through the posts to see if there are any other useful tools.
    In the meen time I'll start my reading and chat soon when I get stuck.
    :study:
    Gallagher -- Don't you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence? There's one marked "Brightness," but it doesn't work
    If u can afford for the Cisco Press too Sakina, with Todd's, you'll be better grounded... Don't forget to invest in a good Lab which will be too handy for ur furtur exams and experience... Lemme introduce some of the guys you will be mostly happy when they answer ur question here :

* Mike icon_mike.gif: The Cisco's Sniffer... A cisco's dictionary, most of his time studying Cisco and then he drinks celebrating wat he accomplished, u can find this out from looking at his cat and see wat happened to her angel.gificon_tongue.gif, until now he didn't tell me how did he electrecute his cat, and he gave me an infraction recently crash.gif, simply the forum falls without him...

* Dynamik : The silent Joke, looks disapointed but too funny... I always wait for his comments only to laugh, he answers ur question exactly as u need it but always mix it with a smart funny Joke...icon_tongue.gif

* Tieresten : Becareful of this dude, looks too serious, lot of experience and good hearted...

* Captobvious : Too helpfull, the most kind I have seen yet, he always try to help with the most he can, an old man and deserve alot of respect...

All dudes here deserve to be mentioned, but if I started I won't stop...
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mike always helps me with my problems. He has been great to me here.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
    thenjduke wrote: »
    Mike always helps me with my problems. He has been great to me here.

YupYup, thats true, he is with everybody...
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Welcome to the forums :)
  • bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the TechExams cert community Sakina. Hope all goes well with your CCNA studies. I am preparing for my own also.icon_lol.gif
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with your studies.
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)