Increasing Blog Traffic

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone with any ideas on increasing blog traffic? It is a blogspot blog so (hosted) and I was wondering if there are any tricks I can use to increase my traffic a little (yes its the blog in my sig). I'm not looking for the next big thing just a few extra visitors icon_wink.gif

Comments

• msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've found the best thing to do to increase blog traffic really comes down to the content. Good quality content will draw traffic to your blog through the search engines usually. Next would be the frequency of the content if you are trying to attract a regular base of readers, but this only works in tandem with good quality content.

Realistically, I think for the vast majority of us (I run a blog too), the bulk of the traffic is likely to be related to useful content that people locate through search. There are just too many really darn good blogs out there, I have a large list of them in my favorites and I seldom get to read more than a couple on a regular basis. As a result, I think that most of us would agree that getting into that select group of blog sites that we become a regular reader of would be extremely difficult and require very good content of value on a consistent basis.

On the example of good content through search drawing traffic, I have one post on my blog that generates a pretty good amount of traffic (for my small blog at least). It's just a clear and concise straight to the point write up on how to reset a Trend Micro SMB/Worry Free Business Security console password. It pulls in around 40 visits a day for just that one article.

I've tried various SEO mods which really haven't seemed to impact things at all, but since yours is hosted that's probably out of the question. I've also tried some of the social networks and that didn't lead to much either. I'm ok with that though, I never really sought to have a huge following of readers or visitors anyways. I mostly wanted a blog to just spew out my thoughts from time to time, and to maybe throw out some writeups here and there that help me retain new things I've done a little easier as well as serve as my own reference later should I need it.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The first thing that you should do is changing the colors, Font size and font colors.

Many IT people have vision issues, the combination you selected is not good for older people or people with vision issues "like me" so they will just skip your blog!
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    The best way is to interact with the bloggers community (any community), i.e read their blog posts and comment on them

by commenting people will start coming to your blog.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    If I had a blog, I'd increase my blog traffic by posting on a popular forum about how to increase my blog traffic ;)

More seriously tho, msteinhilber and UnixGuy have the answer. Interact with the community and post good content. There isn't much else you can do about it.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    tiersten wrote: »
    If I had a blog, I'd increase my blog traffic by posting on a popular forum about how to increase my blog traffic ;)

only 1??

I might even try this :-
    Let me google that for you

seems to work icon_biggrin.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    only 1??

I might even try this :-
    Let me google that for you

seems to work icon_biggrin.gif

Haha that is awesome! I actually did do some googling just felt like getting some opinions as well.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Spam a bunch of forums with threads about how to increase your blog's traffic icon_cool.gif
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    dynamik wrote: »
    Spam a bunch of forums with threads about how to increase your blog's traffic icon_cool.gif

Good one :) You made your point!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    binarysoul wrote: »
    Good one :) You made your point!

Aw, c'mon. That was all in good fun. ;)

I wasn't making any point; I thought it was genuine, sincere question. :D