Robert Half Technology

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Hello Ya'll,

I posted my resume on Robert Half Technology and received a phone call from them today. They would like me to come in next week and talk to them. Has anyone worked with them before? What was experience like?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I recall seeing them pop up once in awhile. Try searching the forums. I seem to remember the reviews being rather negative, but I might be mistaken.
  • rterrasirterrasi Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello Ya'll,

I posted my resume on Robert Half Technology and received a phone call from them today. They would like me to come in next week and talk to them. Has anyone worked with them before? What was experience like?

From New Jersey to California to Florida, my experience with them has been that they say one thing and mean the other. I truly hope your experience with them turns out great.
  • pipemajorpipemajor Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's mostly my experience with them as well - all talk and no action. They've had me come in at least 3x - I do, dressed in a business suit, well groomed with 30 years experience and MBA degree. Never get any subsequent calls until a new recruiter calls me again to "meet" with me.

Save yourself the parking fees.
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    All those recruitment companies are a bunch of hapless losers. They are all full of you know what.
  • crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I am currently doing a six month contract with Robert Half and have mixed reviews. Like most recruiters, they have no idea what the technology actually is and are just a glorified "HR". The new MS certs have been out for how long and most have never heard of them.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I got my most recent gig via RHT. This was only my second interview through them though and I had been corresponding with the guy for about a year. I love the job, though.
    I had one recruiter (not RHT) have me come in recently to meet with them. Served me coffee (but I still had to pay parking fees), then she asked what this BBA degree listed on my resume was. And this person is a professional HR resource??? Guess they don't have either Google or Wikipedia in their office.
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    Dressing up in a suit is overkill for a interview with a headhunter agency if you ask me. A decent collared shirt would do. They make money off you so I think they should be dressing up for you instead.

I agree with the saying one thing and doing another, they always have some iffy job descriptions. I went in a couple days ago and they had a different job then what I was expecting them to have.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea, but what you rather be over-dressed or under-dressed? Wouldn't that small bit of effort be worth the chance of standing out more? I'd hate to miss out on an opportunity because I didn't put in a little extra effort up-front.
    crrussell3 wrote: »
    I am currently doing a six month contract with Robert Half and have mixed reviews. Like most recruiters, they have no idea what the technology actually is and are just a glorified "HR". The new MS certs have been out for how long and most have never heard of them.

I think if them as the pimps.
  • Tin_ManTin_Man Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My one and only experince with them was not so good. So my limited advice is try not to put too much stock in what they sale. Their sales men.
    WIP: 70-647 (5%)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well, I guess I will just go in and give it a try next week. Can't hurt, there not to far from where I am moving to. Thanks for giving me some clarity on what they are like.
    Here's my big beef with search firms. They get a job order from one of their clients and advertise it. You respond, they ask you to come in to talk about it yet when you get there they're talking about some entirely different opportunity.

Also, realize that most hiring companies will send a job order to multiple search firms. If one of them finds you from a job board, they'll call you, tell you about the opportunity, have you come in to meet with them in person, come back in to meet with the account manager then tell you the job was filled by some other search firm.