Options

Turgon's Tolkien Lab

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
I received an email from a member who asked if I was a Tolkien fan. Certainly! To break up the monotony here is a teaser for Tolkien buffs. My home rack routers are named after female characters in the Silmarillion and Lord of The Rings. There are 14 routers. You may guess the names if you care to. I shall announce the winners and they get the woman or goddess of their choice ;)

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Let's see...

Luthien
    Melian
    Galadriel
    Eowyn
    Arwen
    Rosie
    Elbereth

And that's about all I can come up with off the top of my head without resorting to the search engines
  • Options
    Actually, I guess Ungoliant and Shelob would also count as female characters hehe

I do something similar, though my fan is George Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series. My routers are named after places, my switches are named after houses, and my hosts are named after people, the sole exception being my nameservers, which are named Fire and Blood
  • Options
    Let's see...

Luthien
    Melian
    Galadriel
    Eowyn
    Arwen
    Rosie
    Elbereth

And that's about all I can come up with off the top of my head without resorting to the search engines

Impressive. You have a Harem there..

R1 Luthien
    R3 Melian
    R5 Galadriel
    BB2 Eowyn
    BB3 Arwen

1 x Maiar, 1 x Sindar, 2 x Noldor, 1 x Rohirrim. I can't give you Elbereth. The Valarian name has to count there ;)
  • Options
    Turgon wrote: »
    Impressive. You have a Harem there..

R1 Luthien
    R3 Melian
    R5 Galadriel
    BB2 Eowyn
    BB3 Arwen

1 x Maiar, 1 x Sindar, 2 x Noldor, 1 x Rohirrim. I can't give you Elbereth. The Valarian name has to count there ;)

What, you didn't include the Hobbit female??!?!?!

And fine then, Varda ;)
  • Options
    Yup. Varda is the frame switch!
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    You guys are nerds

:P

Mine are always just boring R1, etc. I used to give them fun names but could never remember what was what.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    You guys are nerds

And you came here expecting what exactly? icon_lol.gif

Fun thread :D
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    lol love it I change mine depending on my moods.... usually around this list tho

countries and towns
    football players (soccer for those who think football is played with your hands)
    football teams
    red dwarf
    motorbikes
    **** stars (always confuses the mrs)
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    GT-Rob wrote: »
    You guys are nerds

:P

Mine are always just boring R1, etc. I used to give them fun names but could never remember what was what.

Same here. I tried the creative name thing for a while but then I'd just end up making sure that what ever router I was on was R1 etc. It was just a lot easier to name it R1 and not have to remember.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.