CVOICE exam has simulation questions like CCNA ?

hendychowhendychow Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

To : Mike or someone in this forum who has passed CVOICE

Would you mind answer these questions :

1. Does CVOICE exam have simulation questions like CCNA ?
If Yes, How many percent of the simulation questions of the total questions?
and How does it affect the scoring system ?

2. Does the questions on CVOICE exam based on the Cisco Voice over IP (CVoice) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), 2nd Edition By Kevin Wallace ?
Is there a possibility that the CVOICE questions are based on other sources ?

3. I am learning CVOICE right now like what Mike have suggested me.
Is it possible to pass CVOICE without a hands on practice ?

Last, I am sorry if there are repetitive questions from me and I also really appreciate for your help in answering these questions

Thank You

Marius
David

Comments

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mariusac wrote:
    Hi All,

To : Mike or someone in this forum who has passed CVOICE

Would you mind answer these questions :

1. Does CVOICE exam have simulation questions like CCNA ?
    If Yes, How many percent of the simulation questions of the total questions?
    and How does it affect the scoring system ?

2. Does the questions on CVOICE exam based on the Cisco Voice over IP (CVoice) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), 2nd Edition By Kevin Wallace ?
    Is there a possibility that the CVOICE questions are based on other sources ?

Last, I am sorry if there are repetitive questions from me and I also really appreciate for your help in answering these questions

Thank You

Marius

1. Cisco NDA will prevent me (or anyone) from answering this, I would say be ready for anything.

2. I have not read the self study guide in it's entirety, but it is based on the official courseware, and the official courseware covers the entire exam, often the answers are word for word from the courseware.

3. It is possible but it will be more difficult trying to memorize configuration commands without the hands on. For me the hands on practice makes the configuration commands easier to remember than trying to sit down and study them from a notecard or something.

I would say overall you don't need a 1000 to pass, study what you think will be the most likely topics (looking at the study guide) and give it a shot.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • markytxmarkytx Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1. As the other poster said, you should be prepared for anything.

2. I expect that the book comes from the course, not the other way around. Just reading the book won't cover everything, and in fact the exam guide on cisco.com says as much.

3. Yes, you can pass it without having touched a voice router, but you won't understand how it all works properly until you've had real experience.

Mark
    CCNA, CCDA, CVPN, QOS, CVOICE
  • Poison ReversePoison Reverse Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i heard they do
    I'm a CCVP, so whatchya sayin'?

[quote:e64f0204e0="damsel_in_tha_net"]Oh shoot! Is that Angel Eyes? :shock:.[/quote]
  • SludgebucketSludgebucket Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Clearly, it's better to have the hands-on practice if you can get it. However, it's comforting to know that you *can* pass the exam(s) without it. School for me is rapidly becoming an unviable option, and my employer doesn't have the equipment. The last time I was in the school lab, I had an instructor tell me that one of the voice routers I was working on - which he had upgraded - had cost the school about $22,000. I had been thinking about eBay, but now.....
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    markytx wrote:
    3. Yes, you can pass it without having touched a voice router, but you won't understand how it all works properly until you've had real experience.
    Clearly, it's better to have the hands-on practice if you can get it. However, it's comforting to know that you *can* pass the exam(s) without it.
    It wasn't comforting for us the the CCVPs we interviewed couldn't perform the simple tasks -- we decided if we had to train and teach someone to do the job we'd stick with our existing CCNAs, CCNPs, and voice guys/gals.

from the Minimum required for VoIP job
    mikej412 wrote:
    mariusac wrote:
    Hi, are you saying that If someone passes CCVP or some of CCVP exams,
    still can't get a job even just a Voip basic administrator job ?
    If you can demonstrate the knowledge and skill, then you might get a shot a voice job -- with or without the certification. The hard part is getting your resume "pulled from the pile" -- which is where the CCVP Certification does help.

Since a lot of people take the "easy way" to pass the exams and get the Certification -- no Voice Experience will usually put your resume on the bottom of the "to call pile."

The end customer I'm contracting at now is going the "build your own CCVP" route by sending existing CCNPs to the CCVP classes and the current "Voice Guys" for their CCNAs and CCVPs. The quality of CCVPs we brought in for interviews was ridiculously low and several of them wouldn't have made it through the screening for a CCNA position.

Passing the exams doesn't mean much if you can't demonstrate you have the skills and knowledge listed in the exam blueprints.
    The last time I was in the school lab, I had an instructor tell me that one of the voice routers I was working on - which he had upgraded - had cost the school about $22,000. I had been thinking about eBay, but now.....
    That reminds me.... I should go update the thread where we were talking about the old MC3810s -- my Version 3 for $10 just came today. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Tish2008Tish2008 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Interesting thread.. which reminds me the need of experiance... for th ejob i am aiming at

icon_eek.gif
    And in the end, it's not the years in a life that count. It's the life in your years...
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    mikej412 - I have 3 MC3810's just don't have any serial cables laying around.... ( You don't have any you want to donate to a good cause?? :D ) ( and yes I am being cheap)
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    hendychow wrote: »

I’ll never understand these questions. Didn’t you have to drive a car to get your driver’s license? Would you trust your life to a pilot who only read about flying @ Wikipedia and didn’t learn in an actual plane/simulator?
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT