Options

Can you beat this? No I am definitely the weiner.

mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
Just passed this one with 731, not great but still it's done.
About 18 months ago I sat this exam 6x times and failed. I finally had to leave it and try something else. I read the MSPress book over and over; and although it covered everything (except WSUS), the info never stuck and I basically learnt buggerall.
Note, never study for an exam when moving house, paying for a bridging loan, dealing with a house that's not selling, vandals smashing your windows and trying to find another job.

This time around (after spending alot more time as an IT admin) I used TestOut which taught me everything that re-reading MSPress couldn't. Wish I knew about TestOut years ago. Definitely will be using it from now on.

The exam has changed alot since a year n half ago. Questions are much, much shorter, only 1x sim and a lot of qu's seem very general. It's not hard, it's just tricky in places.

It's all a bit anti-climatic but I'm so glad that I can now move on to 293 and on with life. MCSA achieved, just 2x more to go.

I told my wife that if I failed it this time I'll have to quit IT and go work on a fishing boat. She agreed. Could have been a nice career move though...

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excellent, congrats Mike!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, and BIG kudos for not giving up on this exam. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good job brother!

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats, way to stick with it icon_thumright.gif

I wouldn't put too much weight on changing careers if you can't pass some of these exams. There's IT people all over with no certs who make good money and are awesome at what they do. Passing exams and getting certified is just a small fraction of the overall picture of being an IT professional.

...although, working on a fishing boat does sound like fun icon_smile.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Wow way to stick with it. 6x i think is the most i have ever hear anyone failing so sticking with it was definately top notch on your end. Congrats on the pass and keep us posted with future studies.

Ask away if you got questions.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

You said weiner!! icon_lol.gif (sorry, Bevis & Butthead flashback -- or would that be SouthPark?)
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks to all for the kudos.

I think if you fail 3x times you ought to stop and reconsider your game plan, coz something obviously aint working. Guess I was too stubborn and impatient to realise that.

See you all in the 293 forums. icon_smile.gif