Options

OK..this could be a little off

Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
I went to this site www.auditmypc.com in search of things I found on my pc..in order to figure out what is failing in my boot process, quite frankly not sure what to think about it...I looked around and didn't see the 'normal' copyright date as in 2004-2005 at the bottom of the web page- although I have gone through the last five hours trying to figure out what in the worlld is going wrong with my pc I wanted to rule trojan out first before registory digging had to come into play...and I truely do not feel reinstall is in order... icon_eek.gif
Someone asked me when will my studying be over......

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    What happens during your boot process? Does it pass Post? Or is it a software thing? Try to post as many details, including errors you get.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Hi Ricka182, I do dual boot with linux, so when going to windows, it goes into a 'freeze after the lsplash screen is suppose to appear, I usually have to three finger the reboot, I got rather tired of it so I did a search on my boot file and found some failed loads: Vxd= ndis2sup.vxd; nuwave.drv (file not found); and it was/is starting an unknown in Htree\root\0...digging around a little further I found a Aim.exe, tkbellexe, mwsoemon.exe, tgcmd.exe, and one that has a port open
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi Sulblk27 in the past if programs are loading at boot that gave me some trouble I referred to this site for assistance:

http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php

Maybe it can give you a little help too. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks TeKniques, I'm about to do some research right now, although the start-up process is going stright through this time (for the last two boots)..yesterday I did extensive sweeps of the system....but I still will see what these and other programs are...again thanks for the link