Options

Unable to browse network when adding group/users in Local Policy on XP machine

bencmcbbencmcb Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Having problems with MS Press Book for 20-790, Chapter 2, Lesson 5, Excercise 2. On #13 it says "Add the Contoso Terminal Server Users group as a member."

For instance I am supposed to add a user/group to the "Allow Log on through Terminal Services" local policy, but when I click "Add Users or Groups" and then Locations I do not see the domain controller. I only see the local system. Please advise.

Comments

• Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    You won't see the domain controller, just the domain. Contoso.com should be one of the locations.
  • Options
    Contoso is not listed. Only the local computer name. The XP computer is joined to the domain and I am logged on as a domain user so not sure what it could be.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are you absolutely certain you picked the name of the domain when you logged in... I seem to remember those exercises used the same user/pass for the domain and local username... that is what it is acting like
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Did you click "location" and see if you can choose the domain there?
  • Options
    I clicked location. This is where the problem is. I only see the local system and not the domain server. I believe the problem is not with the XP machine since I am having the same issue with Server02.
  • Options
    It was definitely a DNS setup issue. It was okay after making some changes to my DNS setup. Thanks everyone.