Ccna & a+

jds1469jds1469 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I will be taking these two exams shortly. But with just these two what can I realistically expect to find in the way of work. Should I just wait to get my first degree and a few other certs before looking for a job in this field?

Comments

• ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    No get into the field as fast as possible and start self studying for certifications. Check the objectives and when you feel ready take the exam. Experience is whats going to get a job. Certs help but all three are the best "Certifications, Degree. Experience".

Best of Luck and Welcome to the Forum
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    Are you in school now? If you are stay in school and get your degree. If you are in school and want to work, see if you can get something on campus, or maybe a part-time job with an ISP in your area.
  • WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    Also, look at local churches and non profit agencies in the area to see if they need technical assistance with networking or computers. You never know when they may need some help. Volunteering does wonders for your resume, giving you technical experience while making your resume stronger. The only downside is no paycheck, but it does help.