You got the CISSP, what job do you have?

outsider73outsider73 Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just wondering... all of you guys who passed the CISSP exam, what job (title and responsabilities) do you have?
After passing, did you get other advantages such as a better position, a bonus or a pay raise, or even more respect ? did you get a new position internally or in another company?

I lived for more than 3 years in the US, and I know how CISSP is an important exam there; but now I live in France and there is no position offer which require this certification (no success either for CISA nor CISM which are even more unknown). Anybody else who lives in a non-english country and who has this certification?

Thanks for your replies

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The (ISC)2 certifications are world-wide, but there is no guarantee that any given business--or county--will find them valuable or even be recognized. When deciding on what certifications to get for job purposes, be sure to first check what certs are desirable in the areas (industry and geography) that you are interested in working.

That being said, I was able to get a better job after getting the CISSP, working as a software engineer on defense-related projects. Having the CISSP cert greatly contributed to my getting my present job, thanks mostly to the US DoD greatly respecting the CISSP cert.
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's importance depends on the skillset you already have. Certs are to get you interviews not jobs. I'd say 90% would have been able to score the same job with or without the cert but it got them the foot in the door.

It's also going to depend on what country you live in the industry and the size of company.
  • outsider73outsider73 Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GAngel wrote: »
    It's importance depends on the skillset you already have. Certs are to get you interviews not jobs. I'd say 90% would have been able to score the same job with or without the cert but it got them the foot in the door.

It's also going to depend on what country you live in the industry and the size of company.

Alright... but what about you?
    None of you answered my questions???
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    outsider73 wrote: »
    Alright... but what about you?
    None of you answered my questions???

I don't have CISSP wasn't interested in it until this year and I'll write it in december when it comes around again. The only real reason I'm getting it is that I'm going international for a bit so it'll help with the interviews in a year from now. Holds no extra weight in the job that i'm doing now and i'm not interested in going back into consulting. It's not that big in most of the G7 in general. I'd say its strongest in the U.S.A and anywhere in the middle east it's still a golden ticket. a Cert is window dressing to the package inside.

Personally I think it'll actually make interviews harder as you'll be expected to know more.

Speaking from a canadian perspective. I would get it if I wanted to get into the finance industry, government work or consultancy. Those are the only industries in the toronto area I routinely see list it. I'm an IT manager for a finance company.