Passed 298/299! MCSE:S!!!

tomkentomken Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Nailed these two exams today! Started with the 298 first, figured I'd get that bugger out of the way, ended up with 848. Took a 15 minute break to refill my lungs ;), then sat down for the 299. Walked away with a 902! Both exams were pretty straight forward - all multiple choice, no sims or drag 'n drops!

It is finally good to be an MCSE:S!!!!! While it may seem that I finished this process fairly quickly, I actually started back in May of '07. Let's just say that I had a hard time keeping myself motivated, and was easily distracted!!! I just made up my mind that I was going to get it done this year and really put my nose to the grindstone. I cut out all TV and and studied for at least three hours just about everyday. If I couldn't be at a computer, I'd be reading a book (On a raft in the pool ;) ) I used the MS Press books, ExamCram books, TestOut, CBT Nuggets, Virtual Lab and last but not least - Transcenders. When I first got started and passed an exam, i would take a break for a week or so. Now, I am addicted. I am usually working on my next exam while doing final review for the one I am about to take!!!! So I actually started watching Trainsignal videos for the 70-649 exam a few days ago.

See you guys in the MCITP forums!!!!

Comments

• 120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    Congratulations! Nice scores, esp. considering they were on the same day! Was the overlap on those two enough so that it wasn't too bad? I passed the 298 about a month ago, and I plan to start studying for the 299 after I get my MCITP:EA (needed a break from 2003)
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

Aren't you technically an MCSE:S though? ;)
  • ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    Sweet! Congrats to you. You are motivating me to take the 299 while this is all still somewhat fresh in my memory from the 298.
  • tomkentomken Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sweet! Congrats to you. Me motivating me to take the 299 while this is all still somewhat fresh in my memory from the 298.
    Go for it Elwood!!! It seemed that quite a few of the questions were the same, just worded differently!
  • ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    tomken wrote: »
    Go for it Elwood!!! It seemed that quite a few of the questions were the same, just worded differently!

Would you consider the 299 significantly harder than the 298?
  • tomkentomken Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□

I thought that it was easier because all of the information is in the question rather than in the case study.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□

Take the 299, its not that hard. Some of the material will be familiar from 291 and 293. I can send you labs on 299, if you want.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on your MCSE:S! ill have a beer in your honor icon_cool.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security