CCNP Library?

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey has anyone used the CCNP library instead of buying the different exam books individually? The library book is much cheaper and says it covers all the exams but I'm skeptical because I don't want to miss out on anything the individual exams offer.

Link: Amazon.com: CCNP Official Exam Certification Library (5th Edition) (9781587201783): Brent Stewart, David Hucaby, Brian Morgan, Neil Lovering, Amir Ranjbar: Books

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's just all four books shrink-wrapped in a cardboard box.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you don't think Cisco is going to change the exams before you use all the books, it's a good deal.

Unless you've already got lots of Cisco experience (like working for a Cisco Business Partner) you'd probably want to start with Authorized Self-Study books where available (BSCI & BCMSN). The CCNP Library contains the Exam Certification Guides.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    It's just all four books shrink-wrapped in a cardboard box.

Well that makes me feel stupid.... icon_redface.gif

The way they were describing it I thought it would be all books condensed into one larger book.

Stupid question but what's the difference between the Authorized Self-Study books and the Exam Certification Guides?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    what's the difference between the Authorized Self-Study books and the Exam Certification Guides?

Customers and Markets > About CCNP
    Which book is right for me?
    Self-Study Guides and Exam Certification Guides are intended to complement one another. Though they will cover similar content, they do so in a very different manner. Choosing one book over another depends where you are in the study cycle. If you are familiar with the base concepts, but need to assess your knowledge and review/practice for the exam, we recommend the Exam Certification Guides. If you are new to a topic area and need more detailed discussions of the foundation concepts, we recommend you start with the Self-Study Guides.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    In that case I'll opt for both, never can hurt to have more knowledge and references!