dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
E9ppQ.jpg

(via Digg)

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    "What part of GO DIE IN A FIRE don't you understand?"

You can't beat fire and sarcasm together. icon_lol.gif
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've actually had this (in red though) posted in my office for a couple months now, except on one of the push pins holding it in I have one of those long candle lighters hanging there as well.

Our VP of Operations came by and read it once, and kind of made one of those forced chuckles but he didn't mention anything more about it.

I've had users read it too and pause, good times.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gotta keep them on their toes! This will be pinned up in our Lab area icon_cool.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you touch my square pants your crotch will spontaneously combust?
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    that's just beautiful...bravo
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    YouTube - Crotch Stomp

If that's how the Help Desk puts the fire out, I think that would be a cost effective way to keep support calls down to a bare minimum...
    Good luck to all!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    While yours is more applicable to this thread, this one is way more elaborate and entertaining: YouTube - Blindfolded Man Tricked into Hitting Himself in the Nuts
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have this in my cube at work! icon_lol.gif
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Someone please point me to a hi-fidelity copy of that image so that it can get posted in our NOC ;)
    Someone please point me to a hi-fidelity copy of that image so that it can get posted in our NOC ;)

http://virtualwolf.org/images/ars/helpdeskwarning.png

its in red and white
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ...That is awesome...:D
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Sweet! I wonder if I can get away with posting this at my desk.... I'll try it and find out.
    Here is what visitors to our IT department are greeted by upon entering the lair of the untanned beasts.

2rqhpxw.jpg
    Here is what visitors to our IT department are greeted by upon entering the lair of the untanned beasts.

2rqhpxw.jpg

I like the lighter; it complements the lolcat very well. Nice touch ;)

yeah, so I posted it on the backdoor of the NOC. Apparently while I was off, the president of the company noticed it and said 4 Words I Cannot Repeat Here and took it down.

Executives. No sense of humor!
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I get it's funny, but why would you want to post that at your helpdesk? I would much rather my users come to me with issues than make them feel like their questions are stupid and have them try to fix things on their own. I've never been one to post jokes and images on my walls though.
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    I posted the same sign in our section. We have a Service Desk and then our section for IS Maintenance. One of my co-workers said, "of course, the service desk receives the call and we have to set the client on fire!"
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    kalebksp wrote: »
    I get it's funny, but why would you want to post that at your helpdesk? I would much rather my users come to me with issues than make them feel like their questions are stupid and have them try to fix things on their own. I've never been one to post jokes and images on my walls though.

We're not at all concerned about that. Our IT staff gets along great with our users and we all share humor with each other for the most part. It's also incredibly rare that somebody ever comes back to see us, the only time we get visitors is from a handful of corporate staff or perhaps a user from another office that is dropping off a machine to be looked at. If a simple picture like that really made my user's think that our IT department thought they were stupid then that would mean we were doing something terribly wrong (and not just the picture).
    We're not at all concerned about that. Our IT staff gets along great with our users and we all share humor with each other for the most part. It's also incredibly rare that somebody ever comes back to see us, the only time we get visitors is from a handful of corporate staff or perhaps a user from another office that is dropping off a machine to be looked at. If a simple picture like that really made my user's think that our IT department thought they were stupid then that would mean we were doing something terribly wrong (and not just the picture).

Fair enough, our IT department and users are similar in that we get along and can joke with one another, but there are always those few that take things too personally.
    kalebksp wrote: »

Most of our customers don't know how to fix their own stuff, which is why they talk to us in the first place.

I work in a NOC though, not on a helpdesk, though the humor translates. We *rarely* have customers in the NOC, tours can see us through the window.

The bottom line is that every support job has it's fair share of people that are simply being stupid, and you need to blow off some steam. I think it's far better to do it through humor than through snapping and going off on a customer directly.
    Most of our customers don't know how to fix their own stuff, which is why they talk to us in the first place.

I work in a NOC though, not on a helpdesk, though the humor translates. We *rarely* have customers in the NOC, tours can see us through the window.

The bottom line is that every support job has it's fair share of people that are simply being stupid, and you need to blow off some steam. I think it's far better to do it through humor than through snapping and going off on a customer directly.

I want to be clear that my comment wasn't aimed at anybody or meant to be disparaging, simply a general observation.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    snadam wrote: »

I need to put this one if my cubicle...Good one though!!!!
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda