Options

Have you ordered a printed cert from MS, if so I have a question

ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was just wondering if paying the $10 was worth it or not. Is the quality of the printed cert better than buying fancy paper and printing it out on your own inkjet? I was contemplating just taking the pdf file to Office Max or something and see if they can give me a better print out.
My inkjet's a little old and dirty so I haven't even bought refills for it in over a year. I just use it as a scanner and the only printer I have is a laser (not color).
Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project

Comments

• Options
    TopTechTopTech Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Erm. . . it's $10 we're talking about here. Hardly a great cost.
    The printed certificates are not as 'showy' as in the old days (they used to be free too), but you may as well buy one.

I have mine framed near my front door entrance and I make sure all visitors look at it before they're allowed into my home. Take pride in your work.

You also get a plastic wallet-size card to show off to your future employers and your more sophisticated drinking buddies, that lists all your certification levels.
  • Options
    The ShadowThe Shadow Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Reseven wrote: »
    I was just wondering if paying the $10 was worth it or not. Is the quality of the printed cert better than buying fancy paper and printing it out on your own inkjet? I was contemplating just taking the pdf file to Office Max or something and see if they can give me a better print out.
    My inkjet's a little old and dirty so I haven't even bought refills for it in over a year. I just use it as a scanner and the only printer I have is a laser (not color).

I ordered my MCSE certificate right before June 30th (which was the last do you could get your certificate for free), and just today I got MCSE certificate; and I noticed a major difference in the paper quality. My MCSA certificate is on glossy paper and its thicker than normal paper, but the MCSE certificate is a lot nicer quality, it's glossier and it's a lot thicker (more like card stock).

I decided to pay the $10 for the certificate because my company reimbursed me for all of my exams. Plus, I wanted to get the "official" one from Microsoft.

On a sad note, Microsoft is no longer offer the wallet cards anymore. Which I think is really lame, at least give us the option of buying them.