reconnect mailbox to administrator

hi all
i have problem user can not log on with his user name just on his pc,from other pc he doesn't have problem , can I reconnect his mailbox to administartor to work on his pc check his mail ???

Comments

• mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mcse_696 wrote: »
    hi all
    i have problem user can not log on with his user name just on his pc,from other pc he doesn't have problem , can I reconnect his mailbox to administartor to work on his pc check his mail ???

sorry im confused, is it outlook they cant log onto or the pc?
    not knowing anything about your infrastructure, im presuming you mean log them onto the pc using a local admin account, and attach their mailbox? you can do this through control panel > mail just add their exchange server and username and get them to type in their username/password.

I wouldn't be doing this though, i would keep them away from this pc until the problem of them not being able to log in is resolved :)
  • mcse_696mcse_696 Member Posts: 151
    you right :)right now he using local admin account, we using exchange2003 and clients xpsp2 using outlook2007 , from control panel then mail , you want me to create new acount or repair or change could you please help me more mrmcmint :)
    control panel > mail > email accounts > click new > leave on default (exchange) > tick box at bottom (manually configure server settings) and click next > ms exchange click next > fill out exchange server details and users name etc! :)

more to the point though - why can't that user log onto that pc??
    he getting msg (The local policy of this system does not permit you to log on interactively) i checked GPO nothing wrong I guess :) he doesn't have problem from other pc .
    as u said from control panel
    >mail
    >new---->microsoft exchange
    > i puted check box manually configure
    >microsoft exchange
    > you have already microsoft exchange acount set up icon_sad.gif what next
    he getting msg (The local policy of this system does not permit you to log on interactively) i checked GPO nothing wrong I guess :) he doesn't have problem from other pc .
    as u said from control panel
    >mail
    >new---->microsoft exchange
    > i puted check box manually configure
    >microsoft exchange
    > you have already microsoft exchange acount set up icon_sad.gif what next

ok, firstly, to determine the problem of him logging in to this pc, see if he can log into another pc, or someone else can log into the problem pc... sounds like some sort of group membership is stopping him. find out what groups his user account is in, and find out what groups the computer account is in, then find out what policies are applying to both. You normally see this message if you are trying to RDP to a pc/server and you are not a member of remote desktop users group.

if you already have an outlook profile setup under the admin account, click the profiles button in control panel > mail and setup a new account in the way mentioned earlier. I really wouldn't recommend setting up a user to run under local admin though, they won't have the policies (if any are set up) applied to their user account.
    i solved the problem , adding the client to domain admin group icon_sad.gif i did just for while
    i have other issue backup the exchange mailbox store , we have only 15 clients , if I backup normal everyday and replace it the data on the madia with this backup , is it okey or normal then differential better ?
    i solved the problem , adding the client to domain admin group icon_sad.gif i did just for while
    i have other issue backup the exchange mailbox store , we have only 15 clients , if I backup normal everyday and replace it the data on the madia with this backup , is it okey or normal then differential better ?

oh dear...

you need to get them out of domain admins group sharpish, under no circumstances should normal users be placed into domain admins, think of the damage that could be done!!

it will be something really simple... honest! just check out the policies that are applied to that pc, or that user!
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Oh dear God...
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Anything, trying to log in his user account to a different PC to see if his is jacked up, or even rebuilding his PC, is better than your "solution". Check policies, make sure the default groups on his computer are the way they are supposed to be, etc.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    blargoe wrote: »
    Oh dear God...

i held back quite well didnt i??... :D
    finally i removed from domain admins , i solved the problem , i imported setup security from security templates on local computer policy