FINALLY... got my MCSE!

majkowskidmajkowskid Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
last week i took and passed 70-298. it's been a long time coming, over a year, but i've completed my NCDA, as well as my MCSE: Security.

6 more months and i'll have my bachelors in Information Systems Management.

it's been a tough year... full time school, full time network admin job, and twins at home!

i'm looking forward to some time off from the cert studying!

Comments

• 120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    Congratulations, and keep up the good work!
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What's this "time off" you speak? icon_scratch.gif

Congratulations!
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats!

Keep up the good work.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote: »

Congratulations!

Clearly it was typo as the combination of words makes no sense... Time off? I ask you!

Congrats, majkowskid!
  • 120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116

Congratulations!

Urban legend.
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Are you sure you don't have anymore "Certifications" you need to "work on" over the weekends and Monday Nights.... at least until the end of next football season?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! at LEAST enjoy a few beers before you hit the books again :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Solaris_UNIXSolaris_UNIX Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!

I was always worried that Microsoft was going to ultimately get rid of the MCSE certification (before I got a chance to get one), which would be a shame because it's Microsoft's most prestigious / famous cert.

Does any body know if there is going to eventually be an MCSE for Windows Server 2008? Server 2008 does have a few interesting features like the minimal "server core" install and integrated Hyper V virtualization.

ps -e -o pid | xargs -t -n1 pfiles | grep "port: $PORT"

dtrace -n 'syscall::write:entry { @num[zonename] = count(); }'

http://get.a.clue.de/Fun/advsh.html

http://www.perturb.org/display/entry/462/
    Congratulations!!!

I was always worried that Microsoft was going to ultimately get rid of the MCSE certification (before I got a chance to get one), which would be a shame because it's Microsoft's most prestigious / famous cert.

Does any body know if there is going to eventually be an MCSE for Windows Server 2008? Server 2008 does have a few interesting features like the minimal "server core" install and integrated Hyper V virtualization.

Nope, those are now MCITPs, which no one has heard of, so their prestige is going to be starting from scratch. Some countries, such as Canada, objected to the use of "Engineer" in the title, so they were forced to change it.
  • swatswat Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, that must have been even tougher with the kids! /toast
  • Solaris_UNIXSolaris_UNIX Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nope, those are now MCITPs, which no one has heard of, so their prestige is going to be starting from scratch. Some countries, such as Canada, objected to the use of "Engineer" in the title, so they were forced to change it.

Well, then Microsoft in it's infinite power as an IT autarchy could just tell the lawyers in Canada and all those other winer countries that objected to the MCSE to call it a "S.T.F.U. and pay your Windows Licensing Fees" certification (guess what those initials stand for) and normal people like you and would still be allowed to call it MCSE 2008 instead of MCITP. icon_wink.gif

Getting rid of the MCSE title is as ridiculous as that annoying "ribbon" thing in the newest version of Microsoft Office icon_rolleyes.gif but I supposed there's nothing any of us can do about it, so we'll just have to wait until the HR droids eventually figure out what an MCITP is.

You know bringing Canada into this very well reminds me of something I saw once on South Park.... I suspect that Terrence and Phillip are the ones behind the replacement of the MCSE with the MCITP. What do all of you think? :D

ps -e -o pid | xargs -t -n1 pfiles | grep "port: $PORT"

dtrace -n 'syscall::write:entry { @num[zonename] = count(); }'

http://get.a.clue.de/Fun/advsh.html

http://www.perturb.org/display/entry/462/
    You know bringing Canada into this very well reminds me of something I saw once on South Park.... I suspect that Terrence and Phillip are the ones behind the replacement of the MCSE with the MCITP. What do all of you think? :D

http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcts-mcitp-windows-2008-general/45500-mcitp-question.html#post334535 icon_cool.gif
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    congratulations_3.png
    I hope you are happy and nice multitasking.
  • drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    it's been a tough year... full time school, full time network admin job, and twins at home!
    Hey there, congrats on the twins !!. I have triplets on the way.

Great accomplishments, you should be proud.

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□

Why they couldn't change "engineer" to "expert" and retain the acronym is beyond me...But maybe i didnt read the whole story?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Now, please explain time...
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    snadam wrote: »
    Why they couldn't change "engineer" to "expert" and retain the acronym is beyond me...But maybe i didnt read the whole story?

Well this is Mircosoft! When they rename something, they really rename it. ;)
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    majkowskid wrote: »
    last week i took and passed 70-298. it's been a long time coming, over a year, but i've completed my NCDA, as well as my MCSE: Security.

Well done, even though it was ten years ago when I passed mine, I still remember how good it felt. Enjoy the moment and some time with the family after all the hard work!
  • pmmcateerpmmcateer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□

Well done, we are in the same boat except I don't have twins. Enjoy your time off but don't make it too long. That MCSE will make a nice bargaining tool on your next review! I hope to be in your shoes in a year or less.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Great achievement
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□

wow, impressive! congrats!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."