Options

Mcitp:ea

teksourceteksource Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know what an MCITP Enterprise Level Administrator Certification can do for me.

I have about five years of desktop support experience and currently hold an A+ and SCSA certification.

Please let me know if you need further information or clarification, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Honestly, probably not a great deal since it seems that no one is up to speed on the new iteration of Microsoft certifications. The MCSE is probably a better place to start.

Welcome to the forums :D
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    It can get you up to speed on Server 2008, especially the new stuff in it. But career-wise and the most bang for your buck I would concur with our scholar dynamik that the MCSE would be more beneficial. Remember you can do both! Complete the MCSE and then do the upgrade route to MCITP: EA.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    teksourceteksource Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see. Will the MCSE offer more return on investment then the MCITP:EA.

Especially in the next two years ?

What do you guys say ?
  • Options
    ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Most people who have hold a MCSE is upgrading to MCITP EA. This is because MCITP EA will soon replace MCSE. But a lot of companies now a days are using Windows Server 2003 rather than Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 is slowly catching up. Also you can gain your MCITP EA a lot quicker than MCSE because it only requires 5 exams unlike MCSE it requires 7.