Foote Partners Hot List for IT Certs. July 09

thomAZthomAZ Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was reading an article in the August issue of Network World and saw this list of "hottest" IT certifications based on "skills that have recorded the most growth in value over the past 3 to 6 months." Amongst other factors they have created a list of 24 and and I am surprised that CCSP was so high. I thought the voice track was in the highest demand right now...I just wanted to get everyone else's comments on the list. Here's the link, the list is on page 6.

http://www.footepartners.com/FooteNewsRelease_July2009ITlabortrends_072609V2.pdf
In Progress: Currently enrolled in WGU: Studying for Net+

Degree: A.A.S Electronic Systems Technology

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That certainly is an um... unique list...
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Page #15, the second one of the list...IBM SD SOA

Eat that bitches!

Seriously though...I question that information a bit. "ITIL" as a non-certified skill? If anything it's cert heavy. In fact, it seems like every time some company produces one of these list the conclusions are a bit questionable....

MS
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Wow, GIAC. That's so hot right now.

Guess I better start start studying for the next 100 years so I can get some of these valuable certs.
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I have spent the last 5 months deep in the job market looking for a new job, and I have to say I have never even heard of GIAC or EMC before now.

If I haven't heard of these, what are the odds most employers I will be applying to have.

Its interesting to read these, but I hope no one actually plans their career around these 'hot cert' or 'hot skills' lists.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The GIAC certifications are the SANS Institute certifications, which are actually well respected in the security realm. EMC (as well as Brocade) is storage, which is also pretty hot right now. I don't get things like the SCNA; who knows what that is? How does that surprise the CISSP, which is well-known and well-respected? Why are pro-level Cisco certifications on there, but the expert ones aren't? It can't be by popularity because certs like the MCSE would easily beat the the MCA.
  • joey74055joey74055 Member Posts: 216
    What is up with all the SAP stuff? Isn't SAP like AS/400, an old mainframe type system?
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    joey74055 wrote: »
    What is up with all the SAP stuff? Isn't SAP like AS/400, an old mainframe type system?

No, SAP is a company and AS/400's are also not mainframes.

MS