Somebody help please!!

SandyDSandyD Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, can someone PLEASE help me, im really stuck on this one question : icon_eek.gif

Your windows 98 computer is connected to a TCP/IP network and configured with an Internet Protocol (IP) address that has been assigned to it by a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server. You want to view the IP address that has been assigned to your windows 98 computer so that you can troubleshoot a TCP/IP connectivity problem. Which of the following should you use to accomplish this?
SELECT 2 CHOICES

A. The Ipconfig utility
B. The IP Configuration utility
C. The Net Watcher utility
D. The System icon in Control Panel.

I know that D is incorrect,.....but am confused over which 2 are right!!
any help would be very much appreciated......Thank you.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would say A & B, as they are the same thing. I've never heard of C, and I don't think D is correct either. The question is worded in a difficult form, probably meant to trick you.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • JerzJerz Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Difficult? Why not just google? I don't see anything tricky about that question at all.
    Worded difficult. I think the question itself is very easy. How many people refer to IPconfig as "The IP configuration Utility"??
  • SandyDSandyD Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks...
    I thought that A and B were the same thing.
    I am still confused over C, as i know that with the net watcher you can see connections of other computers and their IP address, but dont know if it shows you your own.
    :D
  • JerzJerz Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Worded difficult. I think the question itself is very easy. How many people refer to IPconfig as "The IP configuration Utility"??

icon_eek.gif

In Windows 98 winipcfg is the "Windows Configuration Utility"
    I meant more people just use the acronym. In my case, I'll always call it Ipconfig, regardless of OS. I know what to type when I need to.
  • Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    I had to run the gamet- and search the net...for a minute I thought i was losing my mind...in any case I would choose A. IPconfig (as Ricka182 suggested) to get the current computer settings and Netwatcher as my other choice- just reading the short description of it, I would figure it could be manipulated to show a target computer. I wouldn't choose B only because typing 'into' the utility (ie DOS prompt), requires ipconfig- not typing out the entire word of configuration, and I wouldn't chose D. mainly because there is no IP address in the system icon tabs, icon_cry.gificon_eek.gif,
    A. The Ipconfig utility
    B. The IP Configuration utility
    C. The Net Watcher utility
    D. The System icon in Control Panel.
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Windows 98 IP configuration utility is winipcfg.exe. Ipconfig is used for NT based machines. I think that IP configuration utility is the correct answer. B
    Yes, I suppose that in the technical aspect, B would be the correct answer as it could describe either utility for Win98 or 2K.
  • Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    For a GUI based command winipcfg works, dos command is (non-GUI) ipconfig- Win 98 OR

TCP/IP Configuration Utilities (ipconfig, winipcfg and ifconfig)
    (Page 1 of 5)

A significant part of any network administrator’s job is setting up and maintaining the devices that make a TCP/IP network function, a process generally called configuration. Networked hosts consist of both hardware and software that work together to implement all the layers and functions of the protocol stack. An administrator uses hardware tools to configure physical devices, performing tasks such as installing network interface cards, connecting cables, and manipulating switches and other hardware settings. Similarly, tools are required to configure the software that runs TCP/IP interfaces and controls the operation of higher-layer protocols on networked hosts.

www.tcpipguide.com
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......