Book Reccommendation?

GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
Can anyone recommend any books for the CCNA exam? We are Provided with a Learning Guide and CCNA TestOut Lab Sims at my School. But I dont think that will be enough. So I would like a good book to go along with it. Ive been thinking about: CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide 4th Edition (640-801) by Todd Lammle. Does anyone have anything to say about this book or know of any other good books?

Thanks,

Gawd

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Todd Lammle is litteraly famous for his CCNA books. He is one of the most experienced networkers in the world and is choosen best cert or tech author several years in a row.

Cisco Press offers some good guides as well.
  • GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    ;) Well You've sold me on the Todd Lammle book. Ill order it this week from amazon.ca.
    Would you say, going through the Study Guide my school offers(Fairly Breif on stuff), The testout Lab Sims, The Notes and practice exams and such on this site, and that CCNA Book, that I would be prepared for my CCNA exams?

Im a little behind in taking my certs, So next week I plan on taking my 2000 Server cert. Then Ill Focus on CCNA and take those exams, then after that Ill get back on my MCSE Track, taking Network Infrastructure, Directory Service Infrastructure, and etc.

:D

Thanks,

Gawd
    Todd Lammle and Sybex have updated the best-selling CCNA Study Guide, which covers exam 640-801. This 5th edition provides general content updates and includes additional software to enhance exam preparation. You'll find enhanced coverage of OSPF and VLAN Trunking Protocols, and updates to ISDN, Frame Relay, and PPP sections. The accompanying CD includes an advanced testing engine with all chapter review questions and four bonus exams, plus 250 flashcards for PCs, Pocket PCs, and Palm devices! It also includes the entire book in PDF!

Get it for 20% off at http://www.sybex.com/newsletter/4391
    The testout Lab Sims, The Notes and practice exams and such on this site, and that CCNA Book, that I would be prepared for my CCNA exams?
    I don't know about the testout sims, but if they are good enough to cover the primary hands-on parts of the exam I think the combination will be sufficient to be fully prepared.
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    icon_thumright.gif that's a much better deal indeed.
  • GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    Awsome Deal, to bad its paperback tho. Hard to keep paperbacks in good condition in a backpack. ;)

Gawd
  • MissionKap1001MissionKap1001 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A Deluxe 4th edition just came out wich includes a virtual lab (gold edtion), extras, and a hardcopy book. I would rather buy this if it is the 5th edtion study guide on hard copy, but it doesn't really say. Anyone know of this. I wrote sybex a letter, and still no reply.