Options

Slammed the beast

hdgorehdgore Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All. Today i passed my 2nd shot 70-291 exam and i scored 715/1000.
Although the score is not great but i'm happy that i've passed and completed
my MCSA (Windows Server 2003) icon_lol.gif
I sincerely thank all forum members who gave me tips, advise and suggestions. I worked on the weak areas of my 1st shot (DNS & RRAS), bought Transdencer exam practice software & practiced a lot. Transcender questions are very tricky and it certainly enhanced my analytical thinking and knowledge. I also studied from microsoft technet library.
I will be starting my Windows Vista course (70-620) soon. Appreciate all of your suggestions & this forum is absolutely fantastic !! icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job, congrats icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, well done.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    Is the exam as hard in your opinion as people say it is?
  • Options
    hdgorehdgore Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi mrmcmint. I am basically working in the IT-embedded Systems field (not from IT-networking).
    I found the exam to be very tricky. I will recommend practising the Transcender exam software. U need knowledge of core networking as well like subnetting, routing protocol which i learnt by doing CCNA course.
    During my 1st shot, i got my simulation question wrong and there were lot of tricky question on command line utilities which resulted in my failure.
    If you are from IT-networking field and work on DHCP, DNS servers everyday, then it should be relatively easy to pass this exam. Do ensure that your knowledge, concepts and basic fundamentals are clear and take lot of mock exams before taking the actual exam. All the best !!
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    excellent, thanks for the info.
    I do work in this field so hopefully all will be ok! got the exam booked for end of september and i have a week off work in between to icon_study.gif
    congrats again on the pass! :)
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass, hdgore! :)

Good luck to you mrmcmint! I'm sure you will slay the beast!
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!