Options

Passed the 293 - finally!

GBAKER2204GBAKER2204 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well it took 4 attempts, but I have finally beat the Beast (I think this one is the beast not Beast Jnr). I got a 959, which is my best score to date. Something finally clicked in to place on this attempt (my previous 3 attempts were sitting 293/294 back to back - something I don't recommend - just too much to remember!)

Quizzed mainly on PKI and clustering, there were also a few on DNS too. I used Testout, MSPress, CBT Nuggets, Syngress and transcender.
WIP: 2017 - VCP6.5-DCV (Achieved), VCAP6-DCV, Citrix CCA-V

Comments

• Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Fantastic score. Well done on sticking with it get it passed. I know firsthand how frustrating it can be to continually sit the same exam over and over.

On to a design exam to finish off?
  • Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing and on getting an incredible score! :)
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Way to stick with it; that's a great score! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Thanks all. I have two more exams to do for my MCSE (I did the MCDST for my elective for MCSA). Not sure which of the design electives to do, but need to work that out ASAP as I need to finish the MCSE track by the end of the year (my wife is due our second child at the end of January so no time or effort to study from then on).

Work will want me to do the 2008 track as soon as I finish my MCSE, and am considering taking the Windows 7 exam before 1st December to get that much coveted Charter Membership icon_smile.gif This site has provided me with much of the inspiration to get my MCSE finished (started back in July 2005, but had a two year break after my daughter was born).
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GBAKER2204 wrote: »
    (started back in July 2005, but had a two year break after my daughter was born).

Dude, you just need to learn to multitask ;)

parents-of-the-year-150000.jpg

a423f79d.jpg?t=1250454132
  • Options
    Lol - no I just enjoyed time off studying and spending time with the family. A lot has happened in the last three years and I am amazed I got so much done in that time (except studying). Now I have to wait for my daughter to go to bed before breaking out the laptop - she's determined to have a go at any technology she can get her hands on.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's a nice score. Congrats on passing.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    GBAKER2204 wrote: »
    Lol - no I just enjoyed time off studying and spending time with the family. A lot has happened in the last three years and I am amazed I got so much done in that time (except studying). Now I have to wait for my daughter to go to bed before breaking out the laptop - she's determined to have a go at any technology she can get her hands on.

Yeah, my 2 year old has successfully broken 12 keys on my laptop. I miss the good ol' days when I had 'd', 'u', 'j', '?', ';' ...
  • Options
    Thanks Psoasman.

mikedisd2 - I am trying to avoid losing keys at this stage - she pounds the keyboard as hard as she can - we tried the tactic of giving her her own keyboard and mouse to play with but still prefers the laptop (... or TV remotes or whatever she can get her hands on (Wii controllers, etc.)).