Options

anyone use the Various CCNP study guides form the Bryant Advantage?

human151human151 Member Posts: 208
I find the cisco press books to be an extremely tedious read. Has anyone here ever bought Chris Bryants guides and would care to share an opinion on them?

Thanks!
Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
1X2621
1x1721
2x2950
1x3550 EMI

Comments

• Options
    SirsamonSirsamon Member Posts: 221
    I always read the Cisco books 3 or 4 times, but yes i always compliment my study with other items.

1) Cisco Press
    2) Train Signal
    3) CBT Nuggets
    4) Cisco web site (white paper, configs and so on)
    5) Forums
    6) Google ;)
    7)Above all else Hands on Labs,Labs,Labs Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs Labs,Labs,Labs,Lab,Labs,Labs Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs Labs,Labs,Labs,Lab,Labs,Labs Labs,Labs,Labs,Labs

:)
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep, i looked at the one for BCMSN and it was a good additional resource imo. I wouldnt say its a primary source (from my experiance with that one) but was still good quality. In fact, the bcmsn cisco stuff narked me because some of the exam content i recieved wasnt covered in there material well enough, no where near. Chris' material covered the exam content pretty well where the cisco books missed out imo.

Cisco docs are always the way to go too. Infact, i dont intend to go for another cisco exam without digging through them thoroughly again.

Good luck.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    I used his BSCI material in conjunction with his Trainsignal videos. Like the previous post said, I would not use it as my primary source..but it fills in ALOT of gaps that the cisco books sometimes dont cover. I enjoy his stuff, and he also gives you a little lab book to work through.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    I used his material for the CCNA and when I was stuggling with the BSCI material, I ended up purchasing the complete CCNP package... Money well spent, highly recommended in my opinion. He has a way of getting the message to you quicker than the Cisco Press books. But I still used several sources of information for each exam.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    Thanks for the replies.

I will definetly have to purchase these.
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This is a useless post since you've already made up your mind, but not only is his material great, he's a great guy as well. He's always been very responsive with the emails I've sent him.
  • Options
    SirsamonSirsamon Member Posts: 221
    Dito, always replys to email. Or in his forum.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Chris's books are easy to read and, I'd rather say, complement cisco's ones.
    the most important thing is to read, not to say "well, my library looks pretty with all these colors"